Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

It's the pressure. Liverpool are performing week in, week out. Even when playing not that great, they find a way to win. This relentless pressure has been mounting week after week and, I believe, is affecting the performance of those chasing. If Liverpool had a lost a few games the top 4 would look a LOT tighter.
We didn't falter with the pressure last seasons on the way to back to back titles and the treble,injuries and var have killed us this season,we were the chasers in 2012,2014,neck and neck last season,we can do pressure just fine

Our defence of the title is heading toward one the worst on record.
————
We already hold the accolade for the worst title defence ever. 1937-38

Ok , we did not retain our title and win three on the trot , but the next best position is runners-up , how is finishing the next best team to the title winner the worst ever defence ?

No you can't expect them to keep up the intensity pep brings for 3 seasons,you are far and away the most negative about being a blue on here
I'm not at all, when we are playing well I'll praise City and rightly so. I was frustrated by yesterday's performance not particularly angry because we did put the effort in. We're a very frustrating side to watch at present don't you agree?

Shame, was there ever any mention of last season being amogst the best, if not the best title defence in history?
Don't be silly - we rarely get accolades from the media.I bet they would have trotted out the rags defence as better when they did it in the dark distant past.

FFS, looks like no one is entitled to have their moans here. It’s a forum for the snowflakes and ‘PC’ warriors.
Where is the desire and grit? We as fans are entitled to criticise however and as much as we want, if we feel a player(s) isn’t doing as well as he SHOULD, we can say what we like, it’s not going to affect him at all. They live in a completely different world to us. The frustration is that we appear to have crumbled or the manager has lost it. If we get beat by WHU, it could be the start of the rot. The dipper loving media have jumped on the band wagon and said if we don’t win CL the season is a failure?! SINCE WHEN???? If we can win at least one trophy, the season isn’t a failure imo.
We have seen the the transformation of BRITISH football, witnessed the greatest City team I’ve ever seen AND win the FIRST domestic TREBLE, but that’s all hushed up by the dipper loving media cnuts. Unless we win every trophy, every season for a decade, we would never be accepted by the media.
FCUK THEM, CNUTS.

In that case you're miles from the truth.
I was fuming coming out of the ground on Sunday and I'm in my 60s. - As for being a JCL, I've been a regular at home games for over 50 years and had a season ticket since 1974. I also see the majority of away games and used to see them when we were in the silly and very silly divisions.
Meanwhile you occasionally post in the match day thread for home games, so either the wifi is far better where you sit or you don't go to games. So who is the fucking rag?

The unofficial law that says "thou shall not be an utter bellend & push someone over when they are virtually past you & through on goal & you're already on a yellow card"
Clearly, while amusing, your description is not what happened, and I’m not saying that on a yellow card a player needs to give HIMSELF a wide berth when making a challenge, but I’m not sure when a perfectly good shoulder charge became illegal, let alone a yellow card...and a second one at that! Mike Dean gave 50,000 Spurs fans what they wanted and the game changed within 2 minutes.

A game that is dying for the regular fan, especially those of us who remember when football was played by men, not flopping fish!

FFS, looks like no one is entitled to have their moans here. It’s a forum for the snowflakes and ‘PC’ warriors.
Where is the desire and grit? We as fans are entitled to criticise however and as much as we want, if we feel a player(s) isn’t doing as well as he SHOULD, we can say what we like, it’s not going to affect him at all. They live in a completely different world to us. The frustration is that we appear to have crumbled or the manager has lost it. If we get beat by WHU, it could be the start of the rot. The dipper loving media have jumped on the band wagon and said if we don’t win CL the season is a failure?! SINCE WHEN???? If we can win at least one trophy, the season isn’t a failure imo.
We have seen the the transformation of BRITISH football, witnessed the greatest City team I’ve ever seen AND win the FIRST domestic TREBLE, but that’s all hushed up by the dipper loving media cnuts. Unless we win every trophy, every season for a decade, we would never be accepted by the media.
FCUK THEM, CNUTS.
For the record, no-one else won a domestic trophy last season, so I guess EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE PL had a horrible, end of the world season? What about the season before...same?

City have been so dominant in England for the last two seasons, and so despised for it, that virtually everyone and their brother is LOVING seeing City lose games, Pep holding his head in his hands, and even claiming one of our players should have been sent off TWICE IN ONE GAME! It is simply impossible to fight that seething horde, especially when they control so much of the media...and the media loves A STORY. Their story of choice? Liverpool winning the PL for the first time in its ‘

Klopp feeds the media, Pep loathes it. Liverpool is a story, and people seem to believe it’s a homemade story built on Melwood, but it’s a sham, a smokescreen that the media perpetuates. I mean, who drools over fans who are thugs who smash up away team coaches, crush both away fans and their own fans, yet claim “great atmosphere,” and love “their” song (that multiple teams used to sing!). Even their owners are known to be willing to do ANYTHING to win, as evidenced by their Boston Red Sox stealing plays from the opposition and Liverpool stealing scouting reports. Scum.

City, who were once everyone’s “unlucky losers” second team, are now the despised, oil money, buying the League, hated team...and not just in England! UEFA obviously hates us, but appears to be either afraid of us (or their own lack of transparency) or simply doesn’t have the goods to do what they desperately want to do, which is crush us by banning us, costing us at least £50M in annual revenues, which then makes FFP even harder for the next 3 years, and stops you buying players you need to compete at the top table.

So, against that backdrop, Sky Sports today has the story that Liverpool are sooooo much better than everyone else that City are closer in points to the bottom of the table than the top! Who knew that 2nd was so shit? I guess it must make the other 18 teams feel wonderful!!

The PL season is basically over, but the team has to play well every game, because you can’t just turn up for the Cup and CL games and play well without it being a good habit, and losing games while completely dominating the opposition (Utd & Spurs) might make Pep say positive things about the team in public, but in private he has to be seething at the players who are squandering all the hard work the other players are putting in the create those chances.

Anyway, there are dozens of other professional teams in England and Wales who WISH they had had City’s problems for the past two seasons and I’m proud of the product and results those “problems” have created.

REALITY CHECK: We are SECOND in the League, a shoo-in for the CL next season, in the League Cup final, a good draw in the FA Cup and playing fucking Real Madrid in the last 16 of the Champions League after winning our group AGAIN this season...and all of that after winning 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies available over the last two seasons!

If this is the pain of being a City fan, hurt me some more...please!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.