Crisis, what crisis!

Watched the game like we all did today, just didn't happen for us..

Hit the post, bar, missed a penalty, missed an absolute sitter from 2 yards, missed another sitter from 8 yards.

Dominated the game with 60 odd % possession, last half hour with 10 men.

We are set well to quality for next year's Champions League through our league position, in one Cup final and 1 tie away in a further 2 cups to reach the quarter finals in both ..!

We have the nucleus of a young, talented squad and a top manager who if he decides to leave will no doubt be replaced with another astute manager who will push us forward..!

We will invest in the first team squad in the summer of that I have no doubt..!

When we lose its major news, when teams beat us it's their best result of the season..!

We don't score in successive games and it's major news..

There was a time when we didn't score for weeks on end at home and it didn't register with the media one jot..

We are the current Premier League Champions..!

Over the last 2 seasons we have won 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies..

We have a realistic chance of adding a further 3 this season..!

We are Manchester City, and everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows our name..!!
Bingo! Well said, my man.

I think we all need to accept that Pep is off, it's just a matter of timing, possibly if/when we win/get knocked out of the CL, possibly after Wembley.

The last few games have stunk of the last days of Mancini and to a lesser extent, Sven.

Teams are an extension of their managers and we look lost. short on confidence and lacking direction, it might be another sabbatical for Pep or maybe the Barca job, but he's off as sure as eggs is eggs.
Really? We’ve completely fucking dicked our last two opponents in every single way apart from the score line.

You could say, bar our finishing, they are two of our most dominant and better displays of the season with more chances created than in most other games (apart from Spurs and Watford at home).

It’s been our fucking appalling finishing that’s done us.

The last days of Pellegrini, Mancini and Sven were a disgrace. Players had packed in!

We didn’t play any better against United at Old Trafford in the first half at the start of January, despite everyone creaming themselves about how good we were with short sighted fans ole’ing at 3-0 up.

The difference is we took three chances in half an hour there and haven’t taken any of the chances we created in the last week.

Good opening post. Any other day, that would have ended with three points. Mourinho and his lads were very lucky on the day. Shit happens, time to move on.

Sometimes my friend you have to take a step backwards and assess what we have actually achieved and where we are ultimately going..!

I've come to the conclusion that we've achieved shitloads and we're going f'kin nowhere..!

We're here to stay and will be there or there abouts for the foreseeable when the trophies get divvied up at the end of each season ..!

Noses have been pushed out of joint, no credit given for either our achievements or wonderful football, that has most definitely changed the way the game is played forever..

Yet again this season, even though we waste more chances than most, we've scored in excess of 100 goals with at least a minimum of 17 games left to play..

Everyone who's anyone now plays out from the back, teams still hoofing it up field are looked on with distain..

Our club has created the blueprint for this and rather than receive the plaudits that are richly deserved, our club is attacked and derided at every opportunity by the shallow media, who have long since nailed their colours to the mast..

All of whom think nothing more than burying their overbloated faces in the rags, dippers, Spuds and arse troughs, taking their grubby 12 pieces of silver rather than telling the world what the real story is..!

We ARE the story and the day of reckoning will ultimately arrive for many..!

I can't wait..!
This all day thanks for that post!!

Watched the game like we all did today, just didn't happen for us..

Hit the post, bar, missed a penalty, missed an absolute sitter from 2 yards, missed another sitter from 8 yards.

Dominated the game with 60 odd % possession, last half hour with 10 men.

We are set well to quality for next year's Champions League through our league position, in one Cup final and 1 tie away in a further 2 cups to reach the quarter finals in both ..!

We have the nucleus of a young, talented squad and a top manager who if he decides to leave will no doubt be replaced with another astute manager who will push us forward..!

We will invest in the first team squad in the summer of that I have no doubt..!

When we lose its major news, when teams beat us it's their best result of the season..!

We don't score in successive games and it's major news..

There was a time when we didn't score for weeks on end at home and it didn't register with the media one jot..

We are the current Premier League Champions..!

Over the last 2 seasons we have won 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies..

We have a realistic chance of adding a further 3 this season..!

We are Manchester City, and everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows our name..!!
Well said, Bill.

Top post that man!

But 22 points behind your rivals having spent what Pep has spent is quite an epic failure.

I appreciate its All ifs, buts and maybes but if you break down the 22 points, off the top of my head, you could quite easily come to the following conclusions..

Our lost points at home..

+2 v Spuds - VAR
+2 v Palace - Threw them away

Our lost points away

+2 v Newcastle - Threw them away
+3 v Spuds - Threw them away
+3 v Dippers - VAR
+3 v Wolves - lost a 2 nil lead

15 points

Dippers..

-3 against us, penalty and sending off which even though we may have missed the penalty we had the rest of the game to play against 10 men, not forgetting we were the better team at the time..

Now even if you discard all their other games where..

Southampton should have had a pen at 0-0
Robertson should have been off v Everton
Last min penalty awarded v Leicester not to mention also v Spuds

Dippers - 3 points

Points swing - 18 points

Lead 4 points with them still having to come to us..

All of a sudden, Scudamore has got a title race on his hands..

Conclusion.. The Dippers have not so much been worldbeaters, more like we haven't really had the rub of the green..

We haven't dropped off a cliff, we have been unfortunate in the way this season has unfolded.

I cannot recall us being battered in any game this season

Our other defeats against Wolves, Norwich and the Rags were all after we had completely dominated the games. Maybe not so much the Rags as they played well in the first half and could have been at least a couple of goals up..

You could quite easily argue that we lost those points because of poor finishing / bad decisions and you may well be right but this season has had the feel of manipulation hanging over it from the start..

The plan will now be to protect the league leaders unbeaten run and ensure they break the 100 point record season, currently held by some State owned, plastic club, with no history, fans or class that represent all that's bad within the game..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.