Veganism

The meat our ancestors ate is one thing, the meat we're fed today is another. They weren't eating all the processed stuff that's mainly what you see nowadays.
Full of antibiotics, chickens force fed so that they're above their normal weight much earlier in their lives.
Don't really see how we can compare the different times anymore.

The meat our ancestors ate is one thing, the meat we're fed today is another. They weren't eating all the processed stuff that's mainly what you see nowadays.
Full of antibiotics, chickens force fed so that they're above their normal weight much earlier in their lives.
Don't really see how we can compare the different times anymore.

Well yeah the meat we’re eating is less healthy than then but we still need to eat it.

I have tried to cut down anyway and I tried the much maligned vegan sausage roll from Greggs today, I know it’s not healthy but I wanted something like that.

It was actually nice and probably just as nice, if not nicer than a normal one.

Not in the required quantities, with a balanced diet. There's no way to get 100% of your RDAs for several nutrients without either supplements, or getting 600%+ of others, which isn't healthy.

The only one you can't really get from a plant based diet is B12. The flipside of this is that 95% of B12 supplements that are produced are fed to farm animals and then consumed second hand by humans via meat and dairy. So pretty much everyone is getting B12 via supplements anyway.

Well yeah the meat we’re eating is less healthy than then but we still need to eat it.

I have tried to cut down anyway and I tried the much maligned vegan sausage roll from Greggs today, I know it’s not healthy but I wanted something like that.

It was actually nice and probably just as nice, if not nicer than a normal one.
Not eaten meat for almost 4 months, honestly don’t miss it at all and feel great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.