Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all , doubt he'll sign an extension,. Will still be our manager next season either way. This is just more nensense jumping on something he's always saying.

we all hope he says , and signs an extension as well , provided we have a great end to the season. 4

People commenting here , ahh well he normally says this stuff - but those maybe from press conferences when he is sometimes goaded into by some idiot journos like jamie jackson , mark ogden and others and would naturally be irritated

I posted this separately coz this was from a sit down interview - as the goal website points out.

Hopefully there is nothing to it - but ideally at the end of the season it should be made clear by Pep if he is staying on or extending , so the club would plan accordingly

Anyway if the mods like - they can merge it with Pep's performance thread

I still don't think the club will be happy to go and rebuild the squad then walk this time next year.

I genuinely want the guy to stay long term but he has to be committed to us long term before the end of the season, otherwise the speculation is going to be too distracting next season.
The club will rebuild the squad with the same players whether he stay 1 more year or 3. That's the reason we are structured how we are, so we can change managers at the end of a contract and not worry about the playing squad.

FFS he says this all the time, he said it last season and the season before that, it's nothing new but what the fuck hey let's highlight one sentence from his interview and make a big deal out of it.
And I also see the buzzword these media wankers are using lately is failure. They are actually asking a guy who has won wherever he has managed does he feel a failure, it's popped up in different interviews lately.

Fuck this thread off it's totally irrelevant.

I’m with this guy.

The club will rebuild the squad with the same players whether he stay 1 more year or 3. That's the reason we are structured how we are, so we can change managers at the end of a contract and not worry about the playing squad.
True but some players we want may only want to come and work with Pep, they are offered a 5 year deal but when they ask about Pep's future they are told he is only going to be here for one more season, do they still sign?
It's a huge risk if we go into next season and he's not signed an extension, and despite the public comments from our CEO, I am not convinced the club would be happy to do so.

Of course i don't want him to go but it's his third season and i think he had 3 seasons at Bayern, he could be paving the way.

We've had injuries where we don't need them and the introduction of VAR hasn't helped things. Give him the summer to get some new players in and go from there.

I can’t believe we’re going to sack Pep!

i understand your sarcastic tone mate :)

but the point of the thread wasn't "Why are city going to sack him? " but why does Pep feel the need to give these soundbites ?

This was not said by him , when being goaded by those idiot journos at press conferences when he gets rightfully irritated , but a Sit down interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.