UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war.

No one is going to have any sympathy with us on this issue. The media campaign has already done the damage and even if the CAS overturns the decision, the reputational damage has been done.

If, and it’s a big if, the CAS reduce UEFA’s ban to one-year then I would personally like the club to take it. There are all sorts of deals to be struck in which you accept the punishment but maintain innocence and a one-year ban could benefit the team in the long-run.

More importantly, it allows the club to change the narrative. Us spending too much and ‘cheating’ is no longer news, we’ve taken our punishment.

Instead the club should draw new battle lines . Go after the very nature of FFP and it’s protectionist scheme. Explain how if we did break the rules, it was to enhance the competition. Hammer home how some clubs have far too much influence with governing bodies.

That is the battle to be won and one with other clubs would support us on.

Personally, a suspendes one year ban, and maaaaaaybe worth considering. otherwise, fight it all the way. I don't know of I'm hopeful for a cas result in our favour, but thats the line the club have set out, need to stick to it now

I thought UEFA decided that ETIHAD were considered a related party to City and therefore tested to see if the sponsorship deal was fair market value. As City are now top 2 teams in the world in terms of worth, I don't think anyone can say that it's not fair market value! Seems we're being punished twice for something that's already been considered by UEFA. Also, can't wait for our and Etihad's auditors to sue UEFA too!
I don’t believe that’s the issue at stake. I think the allegation is that Etihad only paid PART of the sponsorship sum in question, with the Sheikh paying the rest.

Apologies if I’m wrong.

any one any idea of when this CAS hearing will take place,will it be fast tracked before the season ends, as it stands there is no ban to serve because its suspended untill the CAS outcome,so there is every possibility we will be taking part next season

Has that point been confirmed?

The fucking us over wont stop with the 2 year UEFA ban either.

Expect the Scousesrs, Rags,Arse to start screaming its unfair we dont have Champions League distractions next season.

That if we do hypothetically win the League by 20 points,they want a 21 point reduction.Or they will go to Court.

Even if we overturn this ban excpect a huge outcry from these same bastards finnishing 5th,6th,.

UEFA has set the Premier League against us,exactly what they wanted.

Yeah, we took our pinch last time and look where it got us.

That was our own fault for selling out and trying to join the elite.

Now we need to do what we should have done from the start and go after FFP and the influence of the top clubs on the governing bodies.

There are a serious number of worms which haven't even crawled out of the can yet, all causing potential headaches for us and the authorities.

A deferred Champions League ban until CAS outcome...

If you are a club who finishes fifth as a result, who do they sue for missing out on participation if City are unsuccessful in appeal further down the line?

And the flip side of that, there is Premier League cash to play for this season, do we maintain focus and strong line ups, or go light, meaning other clubs complain about their final standings and merit payments?

If I was Leroy Sane and Bayern at present I would be very worried.

City won't sell anybody as things stand.

Even Dave might be thinking twice about his decision. Remember Buffon at Juventus?

We have been negotiating for a new shirt sponsor, City can argue a negative financial impact.

You only have to look at Liverpool's sponsors to see how dodgy some of those have been. We all know about Standard Chartered/Western Union and their money laundering activities but there's more. Tibet Water didn't get renewed after even their own fans protested and there was a very shady Russian money launderer who sponsored them via what appears to have been a phony Forex company. Just doing some research on that one.

Interesting...wasnt their also something about a development project they submitted for ffp but then it never materialised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.