UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might have more involved that didn't go to CAS? Or didn't have a big enough role to get named?

A journalist on 5Live just said his paper tried to phone up the big law firms to work on an in-depth story and all of them said they were representing City and couldn't help them.

I think Khaldoon's threat of spending 30m on lawyers rather than paying a penny in fines is coming true.
if thats Khaldoon's intention which he has stated then its not going to be any other way,he's not going to go public and do the reverse

Maybe now the club will start to bite back at all the ****s lying or twisting the truth about us, I really dont get why we never put our foot down about the blatant lies they would tell which are now seen as truth by your average person. There is for sure a degree of ignorance or racism at play too, as our owner is apparently the owner of every middle east company and also at fault for all human rights issues too due to being a family member of a ruler. Even the fucking BBC reporting Etihad is owned by our owner which is just blatantly false, why dont we ever correct them?

I believe the fact we never challenged the media has in part allowed UEFA to act they way they have, as we are already seen as the boogeyman after years of negative press, if we had defended ourselves from the start it wouldnt be so easy for them to make up charges against us after moving the goalposts, the majority are happy to see us punished as they think it means the rules are working, without realising the rules just keep the top few in place and nobody else will ever compete again. Very short sighted but making an example of us keeps them happy without seeing they themselves have no chance to reach the top.

Unfortunately that chance is gone and our reputation has been damaged, possibly for a long time. I know not everyone cares but investors and sponsors will, which helps keep the club competitive. Also players will bear in mind club reputation when joining, if they think it will affect them negatively from a PR point of view they will be more cautious of joining, especially in this social media age.

I hope after we "took the pinch" last time that we come out all guns blazing this time, I dont want to see us taking anymore shit from UEFA or the Media ****s.

The same media that called UEFA a corrupt lot from top down not so long ago and did it change a thing in that organisation , blud oath it didn't.

Media are as fickle and pathetic as UEFA so lets as Tolmie said embrace the hatred , they want to keep us in the news we don't give a toss whether its good or bad it means nothing in the end.

Too many don't like a new kid on the block and never will even if replaced by another.

If the idea of an alternate to the CL is being poo-poo'd - how about a true international competition?

Following on from this idea, so it's not seen as a 'bridesmaid' competition we could also try to rope in the likes of Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Independiente, Rangers and Celtic etc.
I'd rather beat them in their own competition.

A summer tournament, pre-season friendly tournament involving said clubs, particularly as we have clubs across football now sounds feasible though. With a lucrative sponsorship.

If the rest of football wants a war they can have one.

I've pretty much given up on 5Live, MOTD, Football Focus. Never listened to TalkSport, had Sky or BT. I very rarely even read the papers these days, because most articles about City are negative.

Let's face it, City were never going to be allowed to crash the party, despite our clear and obvious plan to make football more inclusive and to promote local involvement in football and sport in general. No other club has anything even remotely close to the Etihad campus, but we're the bad guys?

It's clear and obvious that football at the top level is a cartel, and we are not welcome unless we agree to play by their rules.

I am cancelling my Sky,BT subscriptions.

To be honest it was something i had been considering for a while.Had enough of Liverpool being on every other week.Might as well buy a fucking season ticket.

The scouse love is nauseating,vomit inducing.

They are not holding back.Going to hit them where it really hurts.

if thats Khaldoon's intention which he has stated then its not going to be any other way,he's not going to go public and do the reverse
Put it like this, we'll have the Kevins, Davids, Messis and Sergios of the legal profession making our case and cross examining UEFA witnesses.

The outcome of this will define us for a generation.
Everyone can have a say, but some people on here do have more knowledge a d experience than others.
With such volume coming through, would it be a good idea to have a separate thread with just a few of the people with a clue.
@Prestwich_Blue et al, and leave the guessers like me on this thread.

That’s a very good idea. I can see from other posts that @Prestwich_Blue has posted this morning but I haven’t got the will to go through hundreds of posts to read it/ them. No disrespect to anyone who has posted on here, all views are valid but I would like to see a distillation of the most informative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.