UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the rules on FFP are old school with manchester city just like this ban and fine from 2013 ?? we are now clear of anything with ffp in europe and england and turnover is one of the best in the world

plus and 2 major sponsors with pump and the new training gear sponorship marathonbet and a 10% sale share i think we are close to £1 billion in the bank, so before tv rights revenue and winning titles and prize money we have been debt free for 4 seasons and making a profit ??

like it or not manchester city are never going away and even if the ban stands who cares about the so elite champions league ?? its on its last legs anyway even the cartel want change and looking into a fifa world super league and manchester city will be a major player in that
Rags were right "Citys going down with a billion in the bank"......…..feck em all CTID

Last edited:
My first post: I have been reading 'Bluemoon' for Donkeys Years. Never needed to post in the past, because I was happy reading what others had to post over the years without feeling the need to get involved. That changed yesterday when MCFC as a club were attacked with the intention of destroying the club and our supporters. Sorry if this is a bit rambling but I want to introduce myself to the forum properly.

I have been attending MCFC matches since 1972 when my Dad first took me to Maine Road as an 8 year old when he bought me a season ticket for the Maine Stand. We would catch the match bus from the Ben Brierly bus stop on Moston Lane with all the other City fans from around Moston. I had the season ticket until 1983, when my attending games waned to about 5/6 a season, then to the odd game, and then hardly any through the 1990s. In the early 2000s I started attending matches again at Maine Road and then the new CoMs stadium/ground. Then about 2007 I stopped attending again for many different reasons.

My best memories of supporting City were 1976 to 1978. Attending the League Cup final. Every home game of the 76/77 season and about 8 away games catching the 'City' Yelloways coach from Woods News Agents on Moston Lane as a 12 year old with older local lads. (My Dad dint even know I went to these games) The one game I remember the most was the 4-1 defeat away to Derby County at the old Baseball Ground in 1977 for a few reasons. One, it let Liverpool win the league that season and secondly there was a crush, and the next thing I know, I woke up under the stand on a St Johns ambulance stretcher with smelling salts up my nose.

Recently, I have started upping my support again becoming a 'Cityzens' member and buying 10 tickets for 5 home games this season, plus paying for League Cup Final tickets at Wembley for daughter and her boyfriend (They are the future). The reason I have started upping my support again was because I wanted my children and now my grandchildren to experience going to live football and support City like I did. I had become a bit of a curmudgeon and would moan about what it used too be like following football in my day. But I started realising times have changed and the past was the past and it's not coming back.

Last night while driving my lorry in the early hours I had to endure a gloating, scouse journalist called Tony Evans absolutely slander City with impunity on 'TalkSport'. Not once was his assertions challenged or the other side of the story/scenarios regarding the FFP ban put to him . Then this morning a gloating Guardian journalist David Con was on 'TalkSport' spouting his expertise in UEFA FFP without it being challenged, as if his opinions are fact and can not be questioned. This is why I decided to join BlueMoon as an contributing member after years of being a lurker.

Right, so back to the topic. For what it's worth. City are obviously in a bit of a sticky situation regarding the UEFA FFP ruling. In my opinion there are few options.
1: Accept the punishment and what the consequence of that will be. 2: Maybe a reduced punishment ruling from CAS and move on 3: Take it all the way to the legal courts with the intention of dismantling UEFAs restrictive illogical FFP rules.

Personally I would like to see City take on UEFA through the legal courts now, even bypassing CAS if needs be. Because this is bigger than City. It's about them UEFA not just wanting to destroy City, but also wanting to destroy and undermine the Premier League and promote their new European League which I believe will have Liverpool, United, Celtic and Arsenal as the favoured British contingent in my opinion. City and others UK clubs are persona non grata. This is why other clubs who think it's all a big laugh at City are missing the point of all this.

Regarding not attending games and boycotting CL games etc. This is not the way. We must be loud and visible, but in a smart manner. No violence or intimidation, but that does not mean we can't take the protest to them. Lets do spectaculars lets get the Banana as a symbol of our disgust at UEFA as the visible side of our protests. We could do so much using the Bananas as the symbol. We could send thousand of Banana postcard to UEFA HQ for starters. You get the idea.

So I will leave you in peace for now. A re-enthused MCFC supporter who doesn't like our club being pushed about or bullied.

Simon Stone said on the BBC 5live,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ffgb
(Starting 12.21pm):

"(internal) emails highlighted a succession of concealed payments or inflated sponsorship deals, that when you brought them into the public domain, they clearly breached financial fair play regulations"

Does @Prestwich_Blue think this is true? Personally I think it's contentious, pre-judging the key issue of the case and potentially slander. Thoughts anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.