UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a possibility that uefa have hit us with massive sanctions knowing that 1) we will challenge the decision and have it reduced and 2) know that we will fight further and have it recinded so that they can say well we tried lads, did our best but the big bad beast threatened us.
Maybe or maybe that 3rd panel member will be on their side ;)

Looking on the bright side........... At least we'll be hearing more of

Where were you when you were banned, than when you were sh*t

Still so angry about this, the wife has gone out said not seen me this wound up for years

We've been stitched up too f*ck, my biggest regret in all this is that we took and accepted the pinch, that was the time to go nuclear, we've had years of snidey back stabbing insults and un truths since that day, were going to CAS but I'm not holding out much hope, job done by the tw*ts in the cartel.

A Poster said last night that City have a signed an agreement with UEFA that the CAS avenue of appeal is the only other option available to us now.That we can not go the full legal route.
I do not know if this has been answered yet ?
Can someone please confirm if this is true,or not, i think it is quite important ?.
Also UEFA have lost cases at CAS involving Galatasaray,and AC Milan.We have to hope.
Hello Sid.
My understanding from a podcast I've just listened to is as follows:
It seems that the ruling on the details of the judgement and our defence is down to the CAS, and CAS alone and there is no further appeal beyond CAS ( fits in with an earlier posting by @Tricky_Trev ).
However as I understood it if City are unhappy with result of the CAS appeal ruling they could ( under the 'public policy' grounds) appeal to the Swiss Federal Court that FFP is illegal in which case the UEFA ruling against City would become null and void.
This seems to fit in with City's pronouncements that we are going to fight this all way, because if the appeal process ended with CAS then City would not be able to pursue matters further.
One other thing - the lawyer on the podcast reckoned it could be about 15 months before the result of the CAS appeal was known.
As I say I'm not a lawyer, this is my understanding.
Hopefully all will become clear in the coming days.

I think we’ve paid far too much heed to “what the law says” both in our deliberations as to how this could have happened and where it will all now end up. I’m fearful for City if we’re preparing a legal case based solely on “fairness” and/or “precedent”, cos our opponents will be constrained by none of those things. As we’ve seen repeatedly in the USA in the last 3 years, the law is whatever those in charge want it to be, and as long as Trump has a majority opinion on his side, he can put whatever perverse interpretation on that law he wants, and get away with it.

I think we’ve been far too naive on here in assuming that because Annex 4 means ‘X’ or Clause 2 means ‘Y’, we would be exonerated. UEFA were always going to ban us for at least 2 years (I think I actually predicted 3), because their overarching goal is the complete destruction of our club. Not a pebble in the shoe that might slow us down for a bit, but a complete knee capping so that we can never threaten the cartel again, and sufficient shit thrown by their media stooges that we will be tainted for years to come. No-one, but no-one, other than City fans themselves, believes in our innocence. Neutral supporters, by and large, think we’re cheats. They’ve been fed the narrative by the media unchallenged for a decade, and just like those gormless saps on Brexit night, who couldn’t iterate a single actual benefit to EU withdrawal beyond generic waffle about “taking back control”, despite voting for it and waving their mini Union Jacks for the cameras with drool dripping from their chins, so it is with football fans. Unless something actually impacts their club, in the manner that FFP has impacted us, very few will have the gumption to look beyond the headlines. To a degree we are reaping what we sewed, having let cnuts like Stone, Jackson, Harris & Co take the piss unrebuked for years, but either way, by the time CAS looks at our case the lynch mob will be at fever pitch and we will have been cast in the role of Goering at Nuremberg.

This case will likely be the biggest and most high profile a 3 man CAS panel has ever presided over. One judge is appointed by us (and will presumably be expected to find in our favour), as the second will be appointed by, and expected to vote for, UEFA. The pressure on that third judge then will be immense, and UEFA have been very canny in affording the body a cop out option of reducing the ban rather than overturning it, safe in the knowledge that a one year ban will nobble us every bit as effectively as a 2 year one. Not saying we’re gonna lose, but if I was a betting man my money would be going on that 1 year reduction, forcing us into further legal challenges, which the media will portray as windmilling by a desperate bully. We might win of course, but just don’t assume that because we’ve got evidence that points to our innocence and our owners are powerful, that we’re home and hosed
I understand your concerns but I think the plan will now be to take the challenge beyond CAS, regardless of their ruling, meaning the outcome of that proceeding is meant to be more an input than a conclusion.

I won’t regurgitate the reasoning behind that, as I have posted several times about (as have a few others), but the club now know the only way to avoid further corrupt interference under the guise of FFP is to end the war entirely. Anything else is just expanding the battlefield surgery.

It is my worry in so much we are dealing with UEFA rules, not international law.

Best lawyers in the world can do fuck all about an organisations set of rules that the members happily signed up to as part of its membership.

The question is can we bring an action that not only fucks the rules off but breaks the back of the organisation that hides behind it because anything less is of no use.
The whole footballing world signed up to the transfer system and one Mr Bosman fundamentally changed the set of rules. We can do this.

I don't speak for my fellow Liverpool fans.
I have friends and family who support a variety of different teams and I try to view situations like this on a pure football basis.
We all know man city success has been built on "winning the lottery" but don't take that as a dig.
Extra competition injected by city has upped the quality level of the premier league e.g.. 100 points required to win the league compared to 78-80 twenty years ago.
Like I said I hope cas tells UEFA to shove it

Is that a bit like winning the ‘pools’?

I understand your concerns but I think the plan will now be to take the challenge beyond CAS, regardless of their ruling, meaning the outcome of that proceeding is meant to be more an input than a conclusion.

I won’t regurgitate the reasoning behind that, as I have posted several times about (as have a few others), but the club now know the only way to avoid further corrupt interference under the guise of FFP is to end the war entirely. Anything else is just expanding the battlefield surgery.

Its my only shining light in this.

"In the first instance"

I really do hope we have said enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.