Vicky Kloss

I do feel like people never really grasp how hard her job must be.

She represents a club backed by a state with awful human rights records tasked with upsetting the established order of the most popular sport in the world in it's most viewed and scrutinised arena, England.

Am I stating the bleeding obvious here but isn't that what EUFA/FFP and Tebas etc don't want?

I met Vicky Kloss after the opening of the third tier south stand . She came across as intelligent and extremely passionate about City . I think she works within lines drawn up by the club owner/management , and like us wants to fight back against these poison journalists but she cant. Let's stop turning on our own , the enemy is uefa , we need to pull together as one. Whatever happens with uefa I'm proud of what City have achieved and I will always be honoured to be a Blue.

You asked for examples, were given two significant ones but have decided to dismiss them anyway. I guess your mind is already made up.

Yeah, I guess when someone can claim two examples of success in their career against many examples of failure I tend to dismiss the claims of successes.

Mentioned this in another thread, but the notion that she is doing nothing to stop the negative press we get is very unfair. She’s clearly very highly regarded within the club. Amazing how many people with no experience in that field seemingly think they know the job better than she does. The idea of just banning dissenting voices isn’t really a viable one for the club.
I hear what you say Ric, but having been close to the PR machine of a major FTSE, my opinion is that we have been very poor. Not reactive enough to really jump on the worst miscreants, not proactive enough to build relationships over lengthy periods to ensure we have balance during tough times. Just my opinion. The worst journalists are like fucking miscreant puppies and need to be dealt with with as much discipline, structure, reward and punishment.

I think there is a huge amount of wishful thinking in this post. We are isolated in European football with effectively no allies. The global power bit doesn't make much sense, to be honest.

Global power in terms of the owners and their ties and interests and financial might. They have sold stakes in our club to companies with far reaching interests and influence. People who need City to do well to see a return on investment. People who have friends in high places. We have seen the corruption in UEFA in terms of personnel and their agendas on behalf of certain clubs.

With City I am talking about business not football. UEFA want to make money. Spread European football to global audiences for more money. I am sure those invested in City would want us to be part of that and might hold off helping UEFA if we were not.

I hear what you say Ric, but having been close to the PR machine of a major FTSE, my opinion is that we have been very poor. Not reactive enough to really jump on the worst miscreants, not proactive enough to build relationships over lengthy periods to ensure we have balance during tough times. Just my opinion. The worst journalists are like fucking miscreant puppies and need to be dealt with with as much discipline, structure, reward and punishment.
And you need to understand that she to has her own Boss !!

Yeah, I guess when someone can claim two examples of success in their career against many examples of failure I tend to dismiss the claims of successes.
Fucking hell, were you expecting a full and comprehensive list of her career achievements to date?! Your “many examples of failure” thus far seem to extend to the club being “mullered from pillar to post”, fwiw.

And you need to understand that she to has her own Boss !!
Not sure what your point is. I don’t really care who her boss is. If you are a Senior PR professional you shape the PR strategy for your business and own it’s success or failure. If you follow your bosses instructions you don’t need a highly paid Senior PR professional, just someone that follows instructions.

Fucking hell, were you expecting a full and comprehensive list of her career achievements to date?! Your “many examples of failure” thus far seem to extend to the club being “mullered from pillar to post”, fwiw.

I didn't expect a comprehensive list of her achievements at City, because it doesn't exist. Our PR has been woeful for years.

I don't think anyone assumes banning the worst of them will make them like us.

The point is they will write crap about us anyway, so just ban them. Some of them are only in the job because they have access to City. Ban them and their news employer will sack 'em for a better one who doesn't burn bridges.
I agree with this. Ban the usual culprits and with City being big news these days their publications will advance a new guy to cover City quickly enough and if they give us a fair shout we’ll treat them accordingly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.