UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A mistake to not speak. I appreciate what @Ric is saying about commenting on ongoing legal matters but given this is a tribunal (ie no jury) and the clubs agreed to make their appeal documents from last November public, there must be something they can say without effecting the next appeal or future court cases. Something beyond "The attempt to tarnish the reputation of the club is clear and obvious" etc.

If they don't say anything, you don't come off as dignified or obeying the due process of courts, you look guilty and there's X number of radio hours and column inches to fill - if they're not talking about or discussing what we're saying, they'll be talking about what UEFA is leaking.
That is very naive,one wrong word could ruin everything

Reactions: OB1
A mistake to not speak. I appreciate what @Ric is saying about commenting on ongoing legal matters but given this is a tribunal (ie no jury) and the clubs agreed to make their appeal documents from last November public, there must be something they can say without effecting the next appeal or future court cases. Something beyond "The attempt to tarnish the reputation of the club is clear and obvious" etc.

If they don't say anything, you don't come off as dignified or obeying the due process of courts, you look guilty and there's X number of radio hours and column inches to fill - if they're not talking about or discussing what we're saying, they'll be talking about what UEFA is leaking.

Thanks.
Not sure really, I don't think it will help one way or the other. Unless they use it specifically differentiate UEFA from the CFCB as those they think are at fault, I don't see what they can do beyond outline their case.

In a court of law won't uefa have to show a money trail from Mansour personally into City through sponsers? Even if true I doubt there is anything in our sponsers books that will show a trail or we wouldn't be going to war.

Except CAS is not a court of law, it’s a sports tribunal that usually rules on doping cases.
I worry how impartial they will be in this case.

Yes, I think it’s probably a bit fanciful, and perhaps not really helpful, to think that we’re completely innocent here. There has undoubtedly been some creative accounting going on, but then find me a major corporation that doesn’t. Google, Amazon, Manchester fucking United, they’re all at it. It’s just absurd that we operate in perhaps the only industry in the world where it’s deemed more of a crime to invest in your company, rather than avoiding paying tax out of it. Mad world.

Spot on Ric,

We have done something here that perhaps we should not, which is where my initial conversation on if true the option of a slap on the wrist could have been the sensible one.

You are correct and truth of the matter is United might have done something wrong or not, it seems accepted they can hide there accounts. Still think those PIK loans the Glazers had one minute and then where suddenly paid of with no explanation happened at a very similar time to the restructure. If are accounts where hidden in such away I’m sure it would be seen very differently.

I have no issue with the club being creative and as you say it is common place the companies to do this.

Not sure how it will play out, but our season might end up more interesting off the field then it is on it.

So where does 'irrefutable evidence' and 'no wrong doing' sit in that equation then ?

Except CAS is not a court of law, it’s a sports tribunal that usually rules on doping cases.

My bad I'm thinking more beyond CAS which I doubt will be the end given City's statement.

Although we can present whatever evidence is deemed to be relevant and supports our case at CAS such as sponsers books etc.

The high court it goes too. Listen we know how this will play out. I would hazard a guess that uefa hope CAS will reduce the ban to 1 year and reduce the fine in the hope that we accept a lesser charge....

But this means we accept guilt. Our owners have persisted we are not guilty and have been hung out to dry

So where does 'irrefutable evidence' and 'no wrong doing' sit in that equation then ?
Ask Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg or Edward Woodward, and they too will claim irrefutable proof of no wrong doing from their companies either. That’s where it sits for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.