UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They really seem to be sticking the knife in with saying we'll have a points deduction for the 2014 season now. The Sheik needs to wrap UEFA and anyone else in litigation until they go bust, It's a beyond a joke now. Just because we had the temerity to take on the big boys and they don't like it. This years champs league, we may as well stay at home as there is no way they will let us win it.

This will gather a lot of pace. The media would like for Gerard to get a retrospective PL medal.

In a court of law won't uefa have to show a money trail from Mansour personally into City through sponsers? Even if true I doubt there is anything in our sponsers books that will show a trail or we wouldn't be going to war.
This is the crux of it for me.

Did someone in the UAE (i.e., HH) top up the sponsorship funds? Maybe, maybe not. The emails seem to suggest they did.

But if that money was invested in each of the sponsors and then paid into City's accounts directly from Etihad, Etisalat, Aabar, etc. (as also suggested by the emails), I don't see how UEFA have much of a case.

It's not like they'll have any access to those companies' accounts/bank records as they have no jurisdiction over them. And in the very unlikely scenario they even asked to see them, they will have been told to fuck off.

So, all that matters is that if City stated X million as Aabar sponsorship revenue, then City's own bank records need to show that same X million arriving directly from Aabar. And the leaked emails suggest they were very careful about ensuring that happened.

Now obviously, if City's accounts show 25% of that X million came from Aabar and 75% came from elsewhere (i.e., ADUG, Sheikh Mansour), then we're bang to rights. But we surely wouldn't be appealing if it was that cut and dried.

So, my own hypothesis is that UEFA "know" we have circumvented FFP; the emails show it. But they have no other proof. And even if those emails were admissible, they could theoretically be explained away as meaning something else.

Rather than allowing us to get away with what they see as blatant "cheating", and knowing that the evidence they have won't stand up in CAS (or court), they have sought to inflict massive reputational damage in the hope that some of that damage will stick even when the punishment is overturned.

This ties in with the rumours that UEFA were desperate to agree a deal with City that saw us accept guilt with a token slap on the wrist. That suggests they weren't at all confident that their "evidence" would stand up to intense scrutiny.

When City told them they weren't interested, UEFA went for the only other option left to them — nuclear reputational damage. This explains why the punishment is so excessive; they know it won't be upheld, but they had to go in hard for the world to take notice and make at least some of the mud stick.

That's my theory anyway!

This will gather a lot of pace. The media would like for Gerard to get a retrospective PL medal.

It'll all be made up bollocks and conjecture though. We will always be the real champions in those seasons, nothing can take that away wherever they stick their fucking asterisks.

Did someone in the UAE (i.e., HH) top up the sponsorship funds? Maybe, maybe not. The emails seem to suggest they did.

But if that money was invested in each of the sponsors and then paid into City's accounts directly from Etihad, Etisalat, Aabar, etc. (as also suggested by the emails), I don't see how UEFA have much of a case.

It's not like they'll have any access to those companies' accounts/bank records as they have no jurisdiction over them. And in the very unlikely scenario they even asked to see them, they will have been told to fuck off.

So, all that matters is that if City stated X million as Aabar sponsorship revenue, then City's own bank records need to show that same X million arriving directly from Aabar. And the leaked emails suggest they were very careful about ensuring that happened.

Now obviously, if City's accounts show 25% of that X million came from Aabar and 75% came from elsewhere (i.e., ADUG, Sheikh Mansour), then we're bang to rights. But we surely wouldn't be appealing if it was that cut and dried.

So, my own hypothesis is that UEFA "know" we have circumvented FFP; the emails show it. But they have no other proof. And even if those emails were admissible, they could theoretically be explained away as meaning something else.

Rather than allowing us to get away with what they see as blatant "cheating", and knowing that the evidence they have won't stand up in CAS (or court), they have sought to inflict massive reputational damage in the hope that some of that damage will stick even when the punishment is overturned.

This ties in with the rumours that UEFA were desperate to agree a deal with City that saw us accept guilt with a token slap on the wrist. That suggests they weren't at all confident that their "evidence" would stand up to intense scrutiny.

When City told them they weren't interested, UEFA went for the only other option left to them — nuclear reputational damage. This explains why the punishment is so excessive; they know it won't be upheld, but they had to go in hard for the world to take notice and make at least some of the mud stick.

That's my theory anyway!
It makes sense as well. The fact that the club are confident enough to reject a token punishment says a great deal.

Didnt they come to an agreement to withdraw from the europa league ?
Might be getting mixed up though !
Think it was European competition so both champions league and europa
But when you didn’t qualify for champions league it’s an easy punishment to accept

Didnt they come to an agreement to withdraw from the europa league ?
Might be getting mixed up though !

They made that agreement because they would have failed been unable to adhere to FFP for years so they colluded together to let Milan off the hook for upcoming years while they don’t participate in Europe because of the ban. Shows the integrity of UEFA.

There were reports that Alexsander Ceferin tried to get City to accept guilt in return for a weak sanction.

If this is true there are two consequences:

1) City are very confident of their position,

2) More imprortantly, where does that leave the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber? It means the process is not evidence based, and the Chamber is not primary. That is surely an abuse of process and UEFA just make it up as they go along?

However after all that has gone in, how much do you trust the sporting authorities? This of course relies on the Ceferin reports being accurate. He may just have been taking in a game.

That's my theory anyway!
My feelings exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.