UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about miss the point completely.

Manchester City are as guilty as hell of the rules they have broken. But that isn’t the point. Sheikh Mansour took over the club in 2008 and these rules we have broken came into being as a reaction in 2009. They are invented rules to protect a cartel. Those rules weren’t there in the 1950’s when Liverpool were bankrolled by the Littlewoods family. Every club before and since that has enjoyed any success has had investment. These rules are designed to stop that investment and therefore protect the future success and earnings of Liverpool, United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern... et al.

So of course we’re not innocent. A quick look in our trophy cabinet tells you that. The alternative was wandering around Asia asking people politely support us on social media and buy a shirt because we’re very nice people.

Am I the only person that hasn’t seen this evidence?

Again, unlike some here I'm not wasting my life combing through to figure out what we did and didn't do. We clearly arent innocent and if you can't admit maybe we've skirted rules to get where we are then it's pointless.
Fair enough if you don’t have the time or inclination to comb through what little evidence is publicly available. Ridiculous though to continue with your assertion that we’re obviously guilty in that case.

Again, unlike some here I'm not wasting my life combing through to figure out what we did and didn't do. We clearly arent innocent and if you can't admit maybe we've skirted rules to get where we are then it's pointless.
That’s quite the post.

You’ve started it by saying you aren’t bothering with doing any research in to UEFA’s charges and decision, then finish with “we clearly arent innocent”.

You’re right, it certainly is pointless.

And if you get caught there are consequences. We did something to piss off the regulator and they're coming after us for stuff that other people get away with. That's the way the world works.
no it isn't,the reason they are coming after us is purely jealosly and protecting their own,every big business creatively accounts,we are singled out as the dirty arabs,they don't give a shit about the white american do dolllars,i don't know you are so quick to blame the club

Of course I don't know the full story. Nobody on this forum does. I'm a City fan through and through but I think its naive to peddle this narrative that we're totally innocent.
We are until proven guilty.
And I don’t think UEFA have proven anything.
If anything they’ve put themselves and their corrupt rules and flawed biased processes on trial.

If FFP was so concerned about clubs like Leeds and Portsmouth getting into debt did they not have a provisional fund where the big cartel clubs would donate some of their profits to help struggling clubs ??

Funny other clubs who don’t qualify keep there players and buy more quality players.

Different set of circumstances here. How on earth do we renew any contracts if we're not in the CL. This squad have done EVERYTHING domestically. Where's the motivation for them to go again like that? Not saying that will happen, but it's a valid question. If a ban kicks in, we're gonna have a few years in the wilderness (like Chelsea). Not all doom and gloom but the new manager will be tasked with renewing the squad, using youth and getting us ready for 2023/24 European assault. Julian Nagelsmann anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.