UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to get interesting for sure...

It sounds from the rumblings that the club are arming for all out legal war with UEFA and a lot of posters seem to think that if we go to a "traditional" law court then FFP will be binned (I really hope so)

But is there any precedent for a law court ruling on a sporting bodies regulations?

From a business point of view FFP is surely illegal - like other blues I agree that a rule that stops an owner from investing in his own business breaks international law (I think?)

But from a sporting point of view a ruling body like UEFA can impose any rules they want... And any club wanting to participate in that sport / competition has to abide by those rules? SO if they brought out a rule saying that all players had to wear odd socks then they would have to? (stupid example I know)

So I have no way of knowing how it will play out in a court (if it gets that far) I hope FFP get's folded into a nice package and UEFA have to bend over and spread their cheeks to "file it" ;)
1. Bosman court ruled players must have freedom of contract
2. Uefa cannot have any rules they like. The law of the land prevails. In this case they have special dispensation from EU Commission, not necessarily lawful. See Dupont case.

It's all a fix just like Eurovision. Anyway so that everyone can learn the words in advance the clubs new song starts with ***k Uefa, the middle line being ***k Uefa , finishing with a rousing ***k Uefa.
For 100% mancs, UA fore is fine, u16s, stuff UEFA is preferred, This song is best sung during the anthem and ideally throughout our last home game in Europe v Real Madrid.

I think that has been evident with the premier league and VAR decisions this year as well, I expect on Wednesday night to be electric atmosphere, the players will hopefully respond by taking West Ham apart and then when Madrid arrive it will get ramped up even more. I’d just love it for Pep to announce a contract extension at his press conference on Tuesday when someone asks him if he’s going.

If he had any taste he'd walk in draped in a Catalan flag, answer every question in Catalan and then sign a new contract in front of the bastards.

Fuck me there's a lot of happy journos out there. We're taking some right fucking pelters. The Times are loving it. Saying none of our achievements are worth anything now as we're just cheats.

They will be laughing all the way to the bank, how many half baked stories will they scribe about City before this reaches its conclusion? The lemmings desperate for our demise will want to read about it, clicks on their website means lots of ad space to be sold.

https://apple.news/AcvKf8csaNCKEbm8UNOh3IA

Piece in the Guardian that is well written. Buckle up boys and girls, this is going to get interesting.
There’s something I didn’t think of, when it playing champions league lets go all Harlem Globtrotters and play teams from around the world for a shit load of money on champions league nights, if we play say 6 games over the season at £50 million for FIFA that more than covers the CL money.

Must be a weird life to assume everything you support is lily white and unquestionable. You don't get such consequences for doing absolutely nothing.

we are being accused of something very specific which we say we didn't do

and how do you square this from the club statement

The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

One of the frequent suggestions in the event of the ban being upheld is that we play lucrative friendlies during CL weeks.

Sounds like a simple solution but it probably isn't. Firstly, would these friendlies be at home or overseas? If at home who would go to them? Not many I'd suggest (I have no interest in these games other than to see how pre season is shaping up). If they were played overseas the travelling would be ridiculous as they would have to be outside Europe generally for commercial / opponents reasons. I don't see this as a huge money spinner actually and not really doable in terms of replacing CL income.

Whatever happens, things are only going to get worse. If the Champions League stays in its current form with massive amounts of money and dodgy rules preventing anyone outside of the cartel from competing, it has no legitimacy as the most prestigious competition. But if UEFA are fucked off, then it's likely that any replacement will be even worse, with some sort of invitation-only alternative (perhaps with the illusion of qualification) purely designed to make money for the already rich clubs. And make no mistake, our owners would be as much in favour of that as anyone else provided we were on the right side of it.
True.

Disgusting all the recent changes on european cups. Seems like they want similar model with closed league like NBA (or all other US sports) that can rake in money without much more effort on the pitch.

I won't lie about the fact i enjoy the opposition of the big clubs in european cups but it has to be earned on the pitch : both qualification and prize money. Now, big clubs are earning this out of pitch with change of rules : guaranteed spot for 4 teams in the top 4 leagues whereas 3 and 4 had to play qualification before (if they are so good, they should qualify anyway) and the coefficient money scam.

And you are right about our owners being as bad in that regard. They would gladly endorse it if it benefit our clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.