UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, this is a little different, bud, certainly in the grander scheme of things ;)

Only one outlet stated we would not receive any sanction, yet is now being cited by some people as authoritative because it is one of the few pieces to have a positive theme in recent days.

I'd expect The Athletic needs to be very positive right now.

I have no problem with the athletic, well no more than any other media outlet at the moment, but in the article that mentioned about the meeting with pep and the players on saturday it began with stating that the club execs had stipulated to the players in the most stringent terms the absolute requirement for a full and total lack of leaks to anyone outside the club regarding this matter. It then went on to state what had been said and by whom at said meeting....

That's not a defence though. We are in deep shit if that is the way we are appealing.

This has to be fought on what we have not done, not what others have.
In a court, precedent is quite important I'd say. If in an equivalent situation, one party has been dealt with leniently and the other not, then someone like CAS will take that into account in their judgement.

That's not a defence though. We are in deep shit if that is the way we are appealing.

This has to be fought on what we have not done, not what others have.

Hypocrisy is everywhere in society, it is overlooked when it serves a purpose.

This is my take too. We open with "other clubs have done similar and not been banned" and CAS state it's on a case by case basis and they are only in session to look at our appeal against UEFA and nothing else. Then our Lead Counsel swiftly asks for a recess...you get the picture ?

This is my take too. We open with "other clubs have done similar and not been banned" and CAS state it's on a case by case basis and they are only in session to look at our appeal against UEFA and nothing else. Then our Lead Counsel swiftly asks for a recess...you get the picture ?

Yep but Man City lawyers cant be that naive! can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.