UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no issue with Khaldoon being part of the Executive Council though, if that's where City are saying the sponsorship money came from?

If its not the Etihad sponsorship, it will be something else.

This is an attempt to finish the club as a meaningful opponent to the old G14 and they will not stop attacking unless we go all out to try and finish them first.

Either they will succeed or we will change the face of European club football forever here imo.

The more it goes on the more see through UEFA's case becomes.
This is just like a gang of gobshites getting a quiet kid to go and shout at a another gang who are a bit handy whilst hiding behind a brick wall, I think UEFA have been handed a loaded gun and don't know how the fuck to use it.

I just feel we're in control here and hold all the aces.

I am confused here. How should Sheikh Mansour be referred to in an email?
Personally, I think it's perfectly plausible that the people involved in this particular conversation COULD have referred to Sheikh Mansour simply as HH. After all, I don't think SM himself was cc'd and it certainly wasn't intended for wider distribution. So, I don't think it's as simple as just saying HH can't possibly be Sheikh Mansour.

But, obviously, HH doesn't mean it MUST be Sheikh Mansour. It could just as plausibly refer to any number of people as we don't know the context in which this conversation took place. The participants will have all been in no doubt who it referred to.

Either way, this case isn't going to suddenly flip by City simply saying "By the way, HH is Sheikh Mohamed not Sheikh Mansour." I would imagine they're going to have to prove it.

I thought HH was Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed? Whatever, it's certainly not Sheikh Mansour and the emails said HH would "arrange" the extra funding. That funding comes from Abu Dhabi, probably the Executive Council, not ADUG so it's not owner investment.

What I assume has happened is that all the due monies were sent to ADUG for onward transmission to City and that Soriano's request to Pearce to have these split out is precisely because they need to ensure we avoid accusations of equity funds being mixed up with partnership revenue. Which is exactly what I'd expect from an organisation trying to ensure everything was whiter than white.

I’m confused about this aspect. I have seen various assertions that through protocol HH refers to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, as you say PB, however other (official) sources aslso refer to Sheikh Mansour as HH?

https://www.mubadala.com/en/who-we-...s-highness-sheikh-mansour-bin-zayed-al-nahyan

Makes me wonder what UEFA have actually got.

If it's just this then surely even they wouldn't go with this as justification added to the state of the 'investigation' process they'd be shooting themselves in both feet.

In their haste, due to the 5 year limit, with the pressure from the G14 clubs being keen to nobble City Leterme. chief investigator, has not analysed the evidence. Leterme was previously criticised by the regulator chamber chairman when he chose to ignore his own appointed expert. who recommended that PSG's sponsorship was not worth anywhere near the 100M and decide to use the PSG appointed consult who said it was

The UEFA investigation was opened beccause the Der Spiegel emails suggested that City had inflated and sourced some of the UAE sponsorships.

If UEFA have been given evidence that categorically refutes that, then surely UEFA and their staff will ultimately be in very hot water.

I think this could be the end of UEFA but I am not sure that CAS are the body that can deal with this.

City's statement concludes that with this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.

I think City will sue UEFA. So far the media have reported that it is Manchester City on trial when it is going to be UEFA as well.

Der Spiegel assumed that HH is Sheikh Mansour

From hacked email "The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness."

With just a single sentence, Pearce confirmed the accusations that his club had repeatedly, indignantly rejected: Namely, that His Highness, Sheikh Mansour, paid a portion of the sponsoring money himself!

Cheers. Yeah, I know DS said it but for UEFA to believe it as well would be nothing short of astonishing, even for those bent bastards!

Excellent. Well worth watching. Thanks for posting and thanks Prestwich Blue!!

For Madrid they've got the Prestwich Blue range in the club shop....

195966.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.