UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've fought the feeling for some time but I may as well admit that I'm enjoying this.

It didn't sit well with me that we were joining the cartel in shitting on historic clubs like Villa, Wolves, Everton etc not to mention any fan who ever had a dream of winning something.

Someone had to do something about the cartel ruining football and, quite honestly, I'm proud, but not surprised, that it's us.
agreed.

the fans of other teams shouldn’t be laughing at us and falling for journalist propaganda that this is a just punishment.

they should be furious that the only chance they’ll ever have of getting to the top is being destroyed. They should be furious that they are doomed to have their best players taken, time and time again by United or Liverpool.

Why are the actually “history” clubs doomed to be just “history” and never again grace the top of the table? Why must they sell their players to keep afloat and be content with that?
Don’t they ever want more than to languid in mid-table obscurity? I know I would.

Surely every football fan dreams their club reaches the dizzying heights, but they’ve been told they can’t have it, and like lowly serfs they nod and agree with the pundits that they aren’t royalty and happily accept their players being tapped up and treated with contempt because they think that’s what they deserve.

Instead they should be rallying and saying “fuck you and everything you stand for. We are not your servants and we deserve more.”

Football needs a revolution to stoke the embers and breath life back into it. Everyone should be fighting, not us.

We are very isolated at the moment. The media aren't interested in the facts. Slagging the club off and looking at points deductions, relegations, bans and retrospective points deductions is far more interesting.

Keep quiet. Win our case before the CAS.

Then turn things on UEFA. Sue them for damages, take them down in the courts, rip FFP to shreds and publicise the corruption in UEFA. Do it whilst winning the CL and unleashing a summer spending spree that shows how heavily backed and strong our club is.

Given the hacking scandal came to an abrupt end, based on us accepting the £1m, does anyone think a similar situation could arise here? What I mean is, it is clear that while maybe not agreeing with the premise of FFP, the club has, one way or another tried to abide by the rules. Is it likely that a court would throw out our case, based on us effectively accepting FFP when we took 'the pinch'?

The only way I won't pack it all in is if they reduce ticket prices. The price rises were supposedly in line with the greater quality of team so if we have to lose players because of mismanagement, that should dribble down to the fans pockets.

I think a lot of my feelings on this situation is anger towards the owners/executives who have put us in this position. Very clever people, yes, but this is a huge brainfart whether the case is won or lost at CAS.
really don't understand that, I fail to see how its our owners fault unless you mean we should have fought the first fine, instead of taking the fine. I guess we had our reasons not to rock the boat back than, but now UEFA seem to have gone back on that agreement and done us again. I fail to see how its our fault when dealing with a bent and corrupt UEFA

UEFA may well be destroyed. If they are shown to be prejudicial then their already questionable authority will evaporate and they will be financially liable for heavy damages.

So far all that has been aired in the media are allegations against Man City whereas City have a body of evidence that has so far remained closed. PB's report is very newsworthy. Are any journalists going to examine that? Are any of them going to look at the bigger picture of the rivalry in football that underlies FFP and this dispute? This is not about Man City misdemeanours. The football authorities have I believe been corralled by the likes of Tebas and profit hungry football executives from rival clubs.

I think UEFA tried to reach an accommodation with City, but City refused to take another pinch, so the whole thing is going to end up in the European courts and it will end with the destruction of UEFA.

Haha City have played a beauty, never stop your enemies when they are making a mistake.

No wonder they didn’t grass the Dippers for hacking it’s all coming out here hahaha

never mind them taking 2 of our titles we might take this one from them lol.

I've fought the feeling for some time but I may as well admit that I'm enjoying this.

It didn't sit well with me that we were joining the cartel in shitting on historic clubs like Villa, Wolves, Everton etc not to mention any fan who ever had a dream of winning something.

Someone had to do something about the cartel ruining football and, quite honestly, I'm proud, but not surprised, that it's us.
I suppose we had little choice but to be the club to take them on. We are the ones being targeted after all. But I agree, I am proud too. This is about much more than Manchester City, it’s about freeing football from the control of the cartel.

If you listen to Cheesy's blog with @Prestwich_Blue on page 1641 then you are correct mate.
We don't get to put forward our evidence to CAS.
Our defence will be restricted to the fact that UEFA ignored it.
This is my concern - that evidence that we are innocent is in fact irrelevant!
In some ways it's perhaps just as well UEFA ignored this evidence because had they considered it but then decided that contrary to the facts we were guilty , we wouldn't have a leg to stand on!
Cheesy shared these concerns about process rather evidence being CAS's remit although Prestwich Blue seemed more upbeat.
Confused?
I am.
That's my concern that it gets thrown out for procedure and UEFA and the MSM can still claim we are cheats. Do we then have to go to Federal law in Switzerland to exonerate ourselves.

Guardiola to stay at City
ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

More on that breaking news that Pep Guardiola intends to remain at Manchester City, which comes after the club received a two-year ban from competing in European football on Friday:

Guardiola's contract had been due to expire in 2021.

The deal does have a break clause at the end of this season and it was anticipated he would activate it should City fail to win their appeal, which they will be submitting to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in the next few days.

However, it is understood Guardiola has said he will not be doing that and remains committed to the club.

Guardiola is expected to speak about the subject for the first time after Wednesday's re-arranged Premier League game against West Ham.

As both clubs held pre-match press conferences two days before the game was supposed to be played, they have been told by the Premier League there is no contractual requirement to hold another and it is understood neither side will be.

Firstly, f*ck off Simon Stone.

Secondly, "it was anticipated he would activate it should City fail to win their appeal" - anticipated by who, knobhead?

I think this is where the problem does lie, the money came from Etihad but Etihad is owned by a consortium of which some funds may come from SM. However, if this is the issue surely all of the other clubs owned by SM will face a similar investigation?

No, Etihad is owned by the Abu Dhabi government HH Sheikh Mansour is not on the Etihad board nor is he an executive or a shareholder

@prestichblue has discovered a public document present to the Open Skies investigation that shows irrefutable proof that the AD ruling council funded Etihad's sponsorship of City

Only other club in the CFG that UEFA have any jurisdiction on is Girona who haven't qualified for any UEFA competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.