UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my concern that it gets thrown out for procedure and UEFA and the MSM can still claim we are cheats. Do we then have to go to Federal law in Switzerland to exonerate ourselves.
Well not sure we can mate.
We've agreed to abide by UEFA's rules with CAS being the final arbiter.
Reference to the Swiss court can only be made on limited grounds.
One of which allows us to challenge FFP in it's entirety.
Whilst this is exciting and all very big picture and may well be the ultimate end game, it could take a long time and doesn't help us in our current predicament.

If it's Matthew Syed, he hates us.
It appears that he doesn't like muslims and it seems to seep through everything he writes about City. What this whole saga has shown to me is the latent racism, bigotry, xenophobia, call it what you like, which seems to be a bedrock of British society and especially the media. They accuse us City fans of being deluded conspiracy theorists but we can all recognise sheer hatred when we see it. Syed is truly disgusting. He has no serious background as a journalist but is given a national platform to spout his poisonous views. He is just an upmarket Katie Hopkins, albeit from the other end of the political spectrum.

Last edited:
UEFA may well be destroyed. If they are shown to be prejudicial then their already questionable authority will evaporate and they will be financially liable for heavy damages.

So far all that has been aired in the media are allegations against Man City whereas City have a body of evidence that has so far remained closed. PB's report is very newsworthy. Are any journalists going to examine that? Are any of them going to look at the bigger picture of the rivalry in football that underlies FFP and this dispute? This is not about Man City misdemeanours. The football authorities have I believe been corralled by the likes of Tebas and profit hungry football executives from rival clubs.

I think UEFA tried to reach an accommodation with City, but City refused to take another pinch, so the whole thing is going to end up in the European courts and it will end with the destruction of UEFA.

Once you start considering that City might win the appeal on the evidence, as opposed to just avoiding sanction via standing/process like PSG, then it does open up some interesting next steps.

If City genuinely have what they say, undeniable proof of their innocence/compliance than how exposed are UEFA. If Yves Leterme (He who rejected UEFA's 7m/year valuation of Qatars PSG sponsorship and classified it as 100m/year) has ignored such evidence, gotten City banned and caused all this fallout, someone must be getting sued.

The original fine was >£50M of which >£30M was returned for "good behaviour I think that explains the fine

Figures rounded up or down as the fine is in Euros

Are you referring to the original sanction? I'm on about this current sanction (subject to CAS ruling).

As I understand it the original fine was £47M of which £31M was returned when we met certain criteria the year after.

agreed.

the fans of other teams shouldn’t be laughing at us and falling for journalist propaganda that this is a just punishment.

they should be furious that the only chance they’ll ever have of getting to the top is being destroyed. They should be furious that they are doomed to have their best players taken, time and time again by United or Liverpool.

Why are the actually “history” clubs doomed to be just “history” and never again grace the top of the table? Why must they sell their players to keep afloat and be content with that?
Don’t they ever want more than to languid in mid-table obscurity? I know I would.

Surely every football fan dreams their club reaches the dizzying heights, but they’ve been told they can’t have it, and like lowly serfs they nod and agree with the pundits that they aren’t royalty and happily accept their players being tapped up and treated with contempt because they think that’s what they deserve.

Instead they should be rallying and saying “fuck you and everything you stand for. We are not your servants and we deserve more.”

Football needs a revolution to stoke the embers and breath life back into it. Everyone should be fighting, not us.

In fairness to Liverpool, they are European royalty in a Marie-Antoinette ish way. As far as the rest of the clubs in the country are concerned, whilst they are troughing at the CL table, it's an attitude of "let them eat cake".

Hopefully, Liverpool will meet the same end.

It appears that he doesn't like muslims and it seems to seep through everything he writes about City. What this whole saga has shown to me is the latent racism, bigotry, xenophobia, call it what you like, which seems to be a bedrock of British society and especially the media. They accuse us City fans of being deluded conspiracy theorists but we can all recognise sheer hatred when we see it. Syed is truly disgusting. He has no serious background as a journalist but is given a national platform to spout his poisionous views. He is just an upmarket Katie Hopkins, albeit from the other end of the political spectrum.

This is exactly right, the whole thing stinks of racism across the board, not just that tool Syed

That's my concern that it gets thrown out for procedure and UEFA and the MSM can still claim we are cheats. Do we then have to go to Federal law in Switzerland to exonerate ourselves.
P1654 on this thread, 3rd post down possibly puts a different light on it. Facts as well as procedure.

Well not sure we can mate.
We've agreed to abide by UEFA's rules with CAS being the final arbiter.
Reference to the Swiss court can only be made on limited grounds.
One of which allows us to challenge FFP in it's entirety.
Whilst this is exciting and all very big picture and may well be the ultimate end game, it could take a long time and doesn't help us in our current predicament.

So did Bayern PSG and Juventus but Uefa let them get away with what we have supposed to have done!

Matthew Syed is guest speaker at the ASCL conference this year in Birmingham on March 13th/14th.
Laughably the theme of the conference is Diversity. Yet here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women.
I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions
He's not white but his religious views are certainly not muslim and he can't hide his beliefs in his writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.