UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on lads your going hyperbole to win an argument. By all accounts we were offered to be found guilty of a technical breach. This doesnt equate to murder or sexual assault its a slap on the wrists.

I think we all agree whats happened in the last few days has been disastrous and will have long reaching affects. My point is there could and seemingly was a way out of this.
It's an extreme example but there's plenty of others where it's not worth admitting an offence you haven't committed. For example I'm an accountant by trade, if I was falsely accused of committing a financial offence eg fraud and offered a fine for pleading guilty I'd have to fight the charge regardless as I'd lose my job and my right to practise in my profession if found guilty.

Apologies if this has already been covered but Am I right in thinking that Should CAS rule for us - then the case is dismissed with no sanction.
If CAS uphold UEFA’s charges then we take the punishment but it may be found excessive and possibly be reduced.
If City then refute the finding, do we go to the Swiss Supreme Court just challenging FFP? As oppose to the any alleged Rule breaking?

Do you reckon the club will keep the fan base briefed on the next steps re the CAS submission or are we all in the dark now until the ruling?.

According to UEFA something the club deny

Can you link me to an article where the Club denies anything? the Club statement reads:

Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today’s announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber. The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.
In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver. The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.

Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.

They haven't denied the findings what they have said is that they want an impartial judgment and for that to include their evidence too not just what evidence UEFA has. They are complaining about the process.

I don't want to link anything here but you can find the leaks online if you look for them including the Der spiegel article, some pretty compelling stuff. In a nutshell, most of City's sponsors are either Government owned or Government backed. SM is part of that government and chairs many of them himself. In short whenever City have had a shortfall they have been able to siphon money from other companies and inject it into the club, intentionally circumventing UEFA FFP rules and changing dates to suit to make it look like they didn't have a deficit. They are guilty on a technicality and if you look carefully the Club aren't even denying their guilt they are just not happy about the process.
Thanks for the reply, but that's not how I interpret the clubs statement from Friday.

They mena it won't be released pubilcly. CAS will have access to the information.
Got to say, that being UEFA, I'm suprised it hasn't leaked.
They will also have supplied City with details A defendant isn't allowed to go into a western court blind.

Matthew Syed is guest speaker at the ASCL conference this year in Birmingham on March 13th/14th.
Laughably the theme of the conference is Diversity. Yet here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women.
I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions
Make sure you have it on tape.

I don't want to link anything here but you can find the leaks online if you look for them including the Der spiegel article, some pretty compelling stuff. In a nutshell, most of City's sponsors are either Government owned or Government backed. SM is part of that government and chairs many of them himself. In short whenever City have had a shortfall they have been able to siphon money from other companies and inject it into the club, intentionally circumventing UEFA FFP rules and changing dates to suit to make it look like they didn't have a deficit. They are guilty on a technicality and if you look carefully the Club aren't even denying their guilt they are just not happy about the process.

The club have repeatedly said they have irrefutable evidence they haven't committed an offence.

Rightly or wrongly we most certainly are denying our guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.