UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see CAS exonerating us unless our evidence is utterly overwhelming, and I don't think it is.
Have you seen it?
The club claim it is irrefutable

view our attempts to finesse our way around FFP
What attempts are those?

remit is of the organisations
That will be CAS and independent organisation initially anyhow https://www.tas-cas.org/en/index.html

The attempt to finesse our way around FFP is the assertion that I’ve seen from PB and others, that His Highness, as referenced in Simon Pearce’s email in respect of the man ponying up the dough for the sponsorship deals, is Sheikh Mohammed rather than Sheikh Mansour.

And no, very obviously, I’ve not seen the evidence

U

UEFA have wrestled with the issues of how they deal with our and PSG's situation, where a club has the overt or implied backing of a state.

Bit FFP refers to owner investment and if the money doesn't come from the owner then they've a problem.

I agree but there seems to be an awful lot of noise from UEFA delegates re state funding.... obviously Tabas is a hypocrite because he chooses to ignore Madrid and Barcelona’s hand outs from the state and local government. At the end of the day - we have to assume that any stick will suffice to beat us with. I wonder if Etihad might consider legal action against UEFA since clearly they are indirectly being accused of accounting fraud - as are their auditors by implication.

I don't think we've actually filled an appeal yet, I hate to be on the SKY side but until we do there's nothing wrong with the output on this particular matter.

****If we have put the appeal in I'm 100% with you.
The club have issued a public statement they will contest this sanction and the reason why. All media coverage should state that it is subject to appeal and also fully reflect our repeated view of the UEFA's judgement that it is baseless, vindictive and solely designed to unfairly damage City's reputation and adversely affect our performance on the field.

Makes me wonder what UEFA have actually got.

If it's just this then surely even they wouldn't go with this as justification added to the state of the 'investigation' process they'd be shooting themselves in both feet.
They know this is their last chance to nobble us,if they lose they can tell the clubs behind this that we tried,if they did try and offer us a deal. and we called their bluff then it was too late for them to pull out,i think they are probably shitting it right now,i feel more confident every day

This is the contradiction that puzzles me most too. Are we gambling massively or utterly certain of our legal position?
We don't know for sure that Ceferin was offering an olive branch to City but some reputable journalists had sources on both sides suggesting a ban was off the table, and that was what he was up to.

I think City refused to take the olive branch and UEFA juggled the hot potato for months and were unable to bit the bullet. They couldn't let City off. In the end they've gone for the full sanction but I think City are very confident that CAS will throw it out.

As fans we might have preferred the safe option of a fine and business as usual but City's exec will know how the land lies and what evidence UEFA have, and what evidence we have. They will also know which way CAS are leaning.

Apologies for going off topic. Funny how when looking for a presenter for 606 the BBC just happened to select a gobby, Scouse ex-hockey player. Same with Sky choosing Spit. Out of all the recently retired footballers (some literate and articulate) Sky chose him. Not a coincidence at all considering where their loyalties lie.
She not even good, the final nail in the 606 coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.