UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things I'm failing to understand.

Why are UEFA allowed to give the verdict? that would be like someone is up on a murder charge and the victims family being the jury.

How are the emails being used as evidence? They were obtained unlawfully so should be inadmissible.

You havent

UEFA said they would not make anything available in public before CAS make their verdict

He's a realist dont you know? A person based on facts, im sure he wouldnt be making this up, so we have to assume he is part of UEFA's investigation team to know these things.

This is all that seriously worries me.

If we fail at the first hurdle with the proper procedure was not adhered to by UEFA angle.

My understanding is CAS will not accept additional irrefutable evidence from us at the appeal.

They will only review the evidence that was used by UEFA to convict us.

Maybe this is why UEFA would not accept irrefutable evidence by us,they knew full well it would prejudice their case at a CAS appeal.They knew we would appeal,so planned for this.

CAS could take the view we went along with FFP from the beginning,we signed up to it with UEFA.

Thus by default we agreed to all of UEFA contractual terms and conditions.

And now unfortunately we must reap what we actually helped sow.

Even so UEFA did move the goal posts with FFP to accommodate PSG,good lawyers will use this

We might be forced to eat a shit sandwich at the end of all this by CAS.

The sentence is so OTT though,even if we are not fully cleared at this stage of the game,i am sure CAS will try and work out a compromise.

We will tell them to fuck off with the 1 year ban.

And off to the legal Courts we go.

The legal Courts will be interested in our irrefutable evidence of our innocence.And ask UEFA why didn't you accept it to start with ?, had you accepted this evidence you would have had no choice but reach a different verdict.Also it would have been available to CAS at the appeal.

Whole thing stinks of a stitch up.

I am not holding out much hope for CAS.I see them pushing for compromise rather than aquital. I think that was why UEFA threw the proverbial kitchen Sink at us.They knew it would be halfed at CAS for being excessive.

I think our Club sees this going all the way to the Legal Courts.

Just my opinion.

Some interesting points. I'm curious to know why (in legal terms) the CAS would come to a compromise ? On what legal basis do you think this might happen ? It seems our position is not some halfway house where UEFA might agree to a compromise agreement. Either we or they are fully fucked and one side or the other has to take the full consequence of the CAS judgement. From what others have said in this thread, we had our opportunity to accept a reduced penalty when the UEFA senior exec met with our senior team at 2 CL ties this season and we rejected it.

At a time when positivity and the need to all stick together and trust what the hierarchy at City have said you come along and put your negative slant on things. I think you need to look at what you have written. Other than for attention seeking purposes it doesn’t make sense. Your love for our great club is definitely questionable.

Fair enough. I do hope the ban is overturned just like everyone else but unless the leaked emails turn out to be fake I'm not convinced.

I am not 100% on how the procedure worked at UEFA.

All i do know is our Owners are alleging we have irrefutable proof of our innocence.That we have tried to give this additional information to UEFA,and they would not accept it.

That is highly likely why we are saying the whole process was a Witch hunt from the start

Also the reason we fully expect this to go all the way to the legal Courts.

Not only have UEFA prejudiced the case against us from the beginning.They have also prejudiced our appeal to CAS. Who will not get to see the additional information.

Hence the reason i am not personally holding out much hope for CAS,i expect them to push for compromise, rather than acquittal.

Interesting point on the dossier not being admissible to CAS. They could I suppose rule on whether the AC should have considered it (if they didn’t) and kick it back to them. AC could then re sanction and we are back in 6 months time at the same position. Prolonged bad PR for the club. Perhaps a clever ploy from UEFA?

maybe that’s where the Swiss court references come in. We might end up taking CAS there if they refuse to consider the dossier too.

would be so much easier to analyse if we were able to see the decisions. I think I shall stop speculating now!

You havent

UEFA said they would not make anything available in public before CAS make their verdict

I was talking about the leaked emails that fit with the CFCB statement regarding their findings. That is the evidence I'm referring to as that is all we have to go on publicly at the moment. If they are fake then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.