UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...The investigation will focus on several alleged violations of FFP that were recently made public in various media outlets" (UEFA statement 7 March 2019) was all the information given about the scope of the investigation, but it does say "several" violations and it does specify that that these charges arise out of media reports, almost certainly Der Spiegel. Stefan Borson argues that UEFA cannot reopen a case where the time limit has expired and I pray that he is right. The only thing that worries me is Chumillas's email. Conn's details of Khaldoon's membership of the executive council is not a cause for concern because he is not part of the ownership structure at City? And a "US aviation industry document" is nothing like authoritative enough on its own to call into question City's or Etihad's accounts. But can the Chumillas email be used as evidence that City misled the original investigation and that the investigation can be reopened? Would this amount to City "overstating sponsorship revenue" both in our accounts and the break even information even if the information in Chumillas's email could be proven to be accurate? Would the fact that the scope document appears to have been passed on to City only after the referral decision make any difference apart from suggesting a very flawed process?

The US Aviation report was claiming Etihad was receiving subsidies. Etihad claimed it was a loan.
Could go someway to why the club are claiming out of context emails. If Etihad had to borrow the money then the Executive Council paid the borrowed money directly to the club rather than channel it through Etihad first.

I've done 3 in the last 3 days. Bolt From The Blue is my usual home, I did Ian Cheeseman's Forever Blue on Sunday, where we mainly talked about home game issues but I did a 10-minute vlog beforehand on this, and I've just come off the Man City Show. All are always worth listening to.

How confident are you PB? The more I read, the more I think our appeal will fail or only result in a reduction in penalty rather than being thrown out

Jordan has been making one defamatory comment after another for months. I don't understand why we have not taken action against him. His comments have been broadcast and repeated online. It would be easy to stop him not least because it prejudices our chance of a fair hearing. He has told lie after lie. He can't prove any of it so would lose against any action we take.

Are these figures correct ?
"City earned more than £80m ($104m/€96m) when they reached the quarter-finals last season while Liverpool made £110m ($143m/€132m) for winning the Champions League."

How confident are you PB? The more I read, the more I think our appeal will fail or only result in a reduction in penalty rather than being thrown out

It likely won’t be thrown out at CAS.

The fight will be after it when we go into an actual court.

CAS is just the first step because that is the process after a sporting judgment.

I expect the club don’t believe they will see this thrown out at CAS

Adrian Durham (sp?) On talksport fully backing City earlier. Was good to hear. Slagging the rags and dippers off and getting to the true heart of FFP and it being about protecting the few at the expense of competition. Goughy agreeing.

Then Neville saying that?! Wow. For any of us who have been to the swamp and seen him goading us, the 4-3 game stands out for me where he was really being a dick to us...I couldn't have hated anyone more...but as a pundit I can only say he is a rare example of a great knowledge and assessment of the game and impartiality. Yes he hates us and loves the rags but he doesn't let that impact his opinion. I wouldn't be able to swallow my feelings towards the rags.

The fact Liverpool are doing well and we are the only team that could stop them, and he hates them more, probably softens his view mind.

Neville said as a co-owner of Salford City FC they'd still be non league if they hadn't been able to invest significantly to move the club forward. Therefore how could he possibly defend FFP when it stops City's ( or any other) owners from investing to get to the top table.

Arsenal have the greatest history of any team in the world.
Historically they have had influence over the fa for more than a century and at one time were the fa.
Punishing clubs who won or threatened to win trophies
Historically the biggest cheating bastards in world football.
Tell us more.

I see that prick David Conn is back on the shit stirring shift at The Gonadian, the idea he was a City fan doesn’t wash with me, he apparently follows FC United who are a low rent Man Utd tribute act, the punters will be all be dyed in the wool reds, so City will be Citeh, the berties, bitters etc their hero’s will be Choccy McClair, Wyan Wilson and co. Does he really expect us to believe he was once a blue. About as blue as that shithouse Jamie Red Issue Jackson.

A quick Google search shows UEFA revenue for was over 2 billion euros. They’ve got a few bob

“UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) total revenue 2004-2018. This statistic shows the total revenue of the UEFAfrom the 2004/05 season to the 2017/18 season. The season runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. The revenue of the 2017/18 season was 2.79 billion euros.”

City will not want this in the courts for 10 years for a variety of reasons. Not least as it will effect any potential negotiations of new sponsorship deals. Uncertainty is not a good thing
Their revenue is that, their cash reserves aren’t though. 90% of their revenue goes out to clubs for CL payments.

No but it shows up FFP for the nonsense it is.

We can all agree on that, but I think all the focus on challenging ffp is unhelpful here.
We’re not challenging the rules we are clearing our name.
Whatever we think of ffp we have to abide by it and we do.
I’d be surprised if there is any appetite within the club to take on UEFA again by attacking the regulations.
Let’s just get this ban overturned and let someone else deal with ffp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.