UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone, with the seriousness of this situation I catch myself occasionally questioning if we will win this. Remember we are surrounded at every turn by a belligerent and compliant media with very few reasonable voices even thinking about offering the other side of the argument (special mention to Adrian Durham and Martin Samuel) so the negativity is everywhere.

Then I ask myself, since the takeover have our owners ever let the club down. In any way of any substance? No they haven't.

What they have said they would do, they have done.
- Tear down the banner? DONE
- Win the league? DONE
- Sign the best players in the world? DONE
- Make the club self sustainable after the initial investment? DONE.
- Expand the stadium? DONE.
- Invest in the youth system? DONE
- Hire the best people behind the scenes? DONE.
- Lots more stuff. DONE.

My point is that at every turn since 2008 the media have claimed, with absolute irrefutable certainty that what City were claiming to be doing wasn't possible and wouldn't end well. They've been wrong every time.

When men the like of Khaldoon (and by extension Sheik Mansoor) tell me "we've got this, we will win this fight" I have total faith. Not blind faith, but faith based on the evidence of my own eyes and ears. To be so bullish and confident for these people tells me they KNOW they are going to win this thing. If for no better reason than to be so confident and then lose would mean a great loss of face publicly and they would not risk that (in my opinion) if they believed there was a slight chance of not winning through.

It will be long, hard, and unfair at many points. Our detractors all over the world will be queuing up to tell us we are going to lose and lose heavily, but keep the faith. The people running out club these days have never let us down and they're not going to start now. Not with this.

Great post

But do we want this hanging over us for 10 years, the press and sky bringing it up week after week, during every game every press conference.

I think the plotters would love to have this bogged down for years to come.

And I don't mean Uefa. They will have a financial concern surrounding protracted litigation.

No, I'm talking about those clubs which have been lobbying them to go after us.

Uefa will probably cease to exist in less than ten years, another cartel controlled shop will be in charge by then.

In the medium interim, the objective is served to keep us on the outside for as long as Uefa believe they are still useful to the likes of Bayern, Juventus and the two Spanish clubs.

We cannot stop at CAS, even if we win. You go for the whole rotting cabal.

There will be some positive pro-pieces coming out for City soon enough, I'm sure.

I wouldn’t get worked up over David Cunnt, he’s a no mark, the Gonadian are up their own arse but don’t make money and come across all pious but then offshore income, tax dodging cunnts. They also hate the working class, that was finely honed under that complete fucking wanker Rusbridger.
Once all the dust settles City should fuck their enemies because that what they are.

last nights Chelsea v Trafford game showed just how bent football is, that red twat from wythenshawe refereeing his boyhood idols, what a complete farce.

Like everyone, with the seriousness of this situation I catch myself occasionally questioning if we will win this. Remember we are surrounded at every turn by a belligerent and compliant media with very few reasonable voices even thinking about offering the other side of the argument (special mention to Adrian Durham and Martin Samuel) so the negativity is everywhere.

Then I ask myself, since the takeover have our owners ever let the club down. In any way of any substance? No they haven't.

What they have said they would do, they have done.
- Tear down the banner? DONE
- Win the league? DONE
- Sign the best players in the world? DONE
- Make the club self sustainable after the initial investment? DONE.
- Expand the stadium? DONE.
- Invest in the youth system? DONE
- Hire the best people behind the scenes? DONE.
- Lots more stuff. DONE.

My point is that at every turn since 2008 the media have claimed, with absolute irrefutable certainty that what City were claiming to be doing wasn't possible and wouldn't end well. They've been wrong every time.

When men the like of Khaldoon (and by extension Sheik Mansoor) tell me "we've got this, we will win this fight" I have total faith. Not blind faith, but faith based on the evidence of my own eyes and ears. To be so bullish and confident for these people tells me they KNOW they are going to win this thing. If for no better reason than to be so confident and then lose would mean a great loss of face publicly and they would not risk that (in my opinion) if they believed there was a slight chance of not winning through.

It will be long, hard, and unfair at many points. Our detractors all over the world will be queuing up to tell us we are going to lose and lose heavily, but keep the faith. The people running out club these days have never let us down and they're not going to start now. Not with this.
Read that with Land of Hope and Glory playing in my head.

I am sure the UEFA Vice President was quoted yesterday confirming we had already appealed?
I put this up last night but here it is again:

UEFA vice-president, Michele Uva: "[Manchester] City have appealed to the CAS for a suspension [of the sanction]. The times [it will take] are natural ones, however, we are talking about months and not years."

Lets say for a moment that we lose the appeal at CAS, what is Uefa's fall back position with regard to us taking the case to the courts.

Could they announce that they are going to re-vamp the whole FFP process and would this then negate any legal action going ahead?

I think the plotters would love to have this bogged down for years to come.

And I don't mean Uefa. They will have a financial concern surrounding protracted litigation.

No, I'm talking about those clubs which have been lobbying them to go after us.

Uefa will probably cease to exist in less than ten years, another cartel controlled shop will be in charge by then.

In the medium interim, the objective is served to keep us on the outside for as long as Uefa believe they are still useful to the likes of Bayern, Juventus and the two Spanish clubs.

We cannot stop at CAS, even if we win. You go for the whole rotting cabal.

There will be some positive pro-pieces coming out for City soon enough, I'm sure.

Are there any journalists left to write them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.