UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The legal time limit in the Uk for libel is that you have to start action (even preliminary letters) within 12 months of first publication of the article (online or in print). So we are out of time with Der Spiegel. I don't know the rules in foreign courts though. CFG has been damaged everywhere. Could we sue them in the USA for example? However there would be nothing to stop us suing any UK broadcaster or publisher which has repeated any false allegations within a 12 month period of any CAS ruling. That would include organisations like the Daily Mail, Indpendendent website, Talksport, the BBC, and all the tabloids. All these groups have published or broadcast false stories about City's finances multiple times in recent months. In any civil action they would have to prove that what they had published was true (an impossiblity). They would also struggle with mitigation because to argue the "fair comment" defence you have to prove you published "in good faith" and so many articles have been totally biased and one-sided with not even a single balancing comment from City's side of the story.
David Conn for example is wide open for an action that could finish his career. The Guardian has probably been one of the worst culprits.

If anything Conn, or anyone else wrote, was actionable, it would have been taken down by now.

Apparently he has tweeted over 640,000 times during his Twitter tenure.

This would suggest..

A) A loner
B) Needs for recognition
C) Has no partner or sex life
D) Lives on his own
E) Narcissistic
F) Has no life
G) Needy
H) All of the above
Have to disagree on C Tolm.I bet his fucking hand has a great sex life.

Some people in the media clearly have a vendetta against Manchester City.

I thought it was all predictable stuff but done well.

The one thing I liked was the issue of timing. I thought it would be in City's interest to slow this down to ensure that we are in next season's competition, but an early verdict is another statement of confidence. Of course you could again say that this is just talk and easy to say.

The bank would judge your ability to pay - not the car dealer.

And would the bank judge it as dodgy if I had a guarantor that was offering to cover the full amount in lieu of owning more of the car than me?

My boss (the owner) has just invested £100k of his own funds into our business for expansion as the business couldn't afford to do it at this time. The investment will for itself in 18 months.

What's the difference in etihads owners investing money with a view that in the long term it may also pay for itself?

It’s like Sainsbury’s Bringing in a rule that if your rich and successful & earn over 150 grand a year If your dad was a painter earning 18K and your grandad drove a bus for 12k you can only spend 50 pounds a week with us. Utterly ridiculous and we should go for the jugular.

He Couldn't have made it clearer that there are two factions within UEFA and the whole business is political. This has been blindingly obvious for months if not years. I wonder how this will be reported in the mainstream media in the UK. Are they going to call Soriano a liar? It was a great statement. Didn't give our hand away legally but dropped a couple of hand grenades. It does seem clear that UEFA have just ignored our defence. FFS is it really true that UEFA have built their whole case on a few stolen emails (out of context) in a German magazine that has subsequently been shamed (in a different case) for literally making up stories? And those emails were hacked by a man who is in jail and faces trial on 90 charges of hacking, extortion and fraud. Is that all they have got?

This is where it could get very interesting. He has stated not all of UEFA is the same, but that this decision is political - I have read that as in UEFA are a split entity but that certain factions within UEFA that are not cosher exert influence and judgements

Can anyone explain to me , why it's got this far based on these hacked Der Speigel e mails (if that is in fact UEFA,s main body of evidence) , when Etihad would surely have audited records , for legal and tax purposes , showing all their outgoings for sporting or promotional uses , which either tally with the information in the Der Speigel articles or they dont..
If Sheik Mansour did in fact top up Etihads sponsorship deal , why would he or anyone feel the need to e mail the fact round the club/organisation , surely any communication would have been between the boards of Etihad airways and ADUG and be kept "on a need to know basis" , and maybe I'm being naive but no one at club level would need to know surely..
Also as far as I'm aware Etihad could be owned by the Sheik and the funding for the deal could have been 100% from him and as long as it was deemed market value , no rules would have been broken , (eg: Leicester owner owns King Power, Peter Coates owns Stoke and Bet365 , Mike Ashley , Newcastle , Sports Direct , Red Bull and many others) so why would Sheik Mansour go to great lengths to hide something he could quite legally do openly ?..doesn't make sense
As I am no expert in law or accountancy and admit there may be some glaringly obvious faults in my thinking , but however , surely a simple solution would be a letter from the people at Etihad showing verified accounts from the years in question, which would put this matter to bed one way or the other quite quickly ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.