UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, while true PSG inflated the market w/ Neymar and Mbappe...at least Neymar was considered a top 5 player worldwide at thh time, and Mbappe was as close as it came to a sure thing to enter that level of player. So high prices were paid, but for incredible talent. Couldnt you argue Barca spending what they did on Coutinho and Dembele did more damage then PSG paying for Neymar, as nobody would have considered either player even close to Neymar/Mbappe level of talent? (I could be looking back incorrectly, it is possible Dembele was that highly thought of, but def not Coutinho).

The question on Coutinho has to be - did the media talk him up and up and inflate his value independently- or was it an orchestrated campaign by LFC - which the British media went along with. If LFC did orchestrate a campaign is that legal?

The question on Coutinho has to be - did the media talk him up and up and inflate his value independently- or was it an orchestrated campaign by LFC - which the British media went along with. If LFC did orchestrate a campaign is that legal?
The same media are talking about Pogbad as a £150M player, anyone would think they have a vested interest in talking up the values of rag and dipper players

I really hate to end up defending Miguel fuckjng Delaney of all people but that list does show one thing very clearly, which is that PSGs Neymar purchase massively inflated the transfer market.

Neymar and Mbappe speak for themselves, Coutinho and Dembele were Barcelona panic spending and Griezmann was a continuation of that. Joao Felix was Atleti spending that money and the reason an 18 year old with 1 good year went for 120m was because people wanted the next Mbappe.

Van Dijk and Alisson both went for their world record fees because Barcelona paid so much for Coutinho and Maguire cost 80m because of VVD resetting the value of centre backs.

So I think he is absolutely right to say PSGs 2018 inflated the transfer market considerably.

Now the thing you've taken offence to is that he said City could compete.....but that's not really wrong. City haven't chosen to compete but we could have. A lot of the transfers involving other clubs (liverpool, atletico) are really them spending PSGs initial 400m they dumped into the market.

We have it from decent sources that City would have spent the money on Mbappe and we tried to get Messi in 2017 which would have been a world record fee.

City haven't competed with the top 10 transfer fees, but that's different to jot being able to. We are able to and it's only a matter of time before we make a top 3 or top 5 transfer IMO.

Its a huge transfer, as was Mbappe but had RM signed them both for even more money no one would have batted an eyelid nor would anyone have said they where guilty of inflating the transfer market.

Only a few select clubs have a track record of continually breaking world transfer fee records!

Real Fair Play would be clubs had to operate under a Salary Cap and Transfer Fee Cap. Obviously not everyone could spend the full cap and some clubs would be restricted and would find other ways to top-up salaries (bonuses/player sponsors) so there’d always be unbalance but that’s a fairer way than the version of FFP we’ve been lumped with.

Then it’s be down to how well your club is run and how good your scouting system is.

Real fair play would equalise the bigger clubs because of their resources, it would drive down transfer fees and wages and it would effectively kill the PL brand and the UEFA cartel. If clubs had a target that they could spend and that target was the same for every team then the sponsors would be pumping money into clubs that the clubs couldn't spend.

Invariably the money sponsors would pump in would get smaller because the teams could only spend XYZ and wouldn't need it to run a club, The only way that this model is sustainable is to have the gloves off and allow clubs to spend what they want as long as it isn't driven by debt (Cough Glazers) either way football is about just the money now and as fans we have very little choice than accept this.

*I am not a financial accountant or anyway involved in how you run a business in fact you wouldn't trust me to pay your gas bill if you gave me the money I am that forgetful/inept (Insert the appropriate term)

I think this is fair. Financial controls of some sort are a good thing; FFP as is is twisted, which you and Nicholas van Whatsisface seem to agree on.

And I agree, I think City would have bought a 100M player without thinking too hard. It may have come down to PSG, City and similar coming to an agreement of who they would chase or avoid, but I don't think money would have stopped anything.
We'd have spent 100M on Kaka if he didnt bottle it.

Its a huge transfer, as was Mbappe but had RM signed them both for even more money no one would have batted an eyelid nor would anyone have said they where guilty of inflating the transfer market.

Only a few select clubs have a track record of continually breaking world transfer fee records!
They are allowed to, you know. Royalty, unlike us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.