UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you something about his family. Probably said this before but it proves what a bunch of shits they are as people. His grandfather started the Jewish Telegraph, which as its name suggests, writes for the Jewish community, mainly in Manchester. Rob's father, Paul, now runs it and he has no scruples about running stories that are hurtful to families. One particular story affected my family and concerned my cousin Les, who unfortunately took his own life about 30 years ago.

Paul Harris had been friends with Les at school so they knew each other. He rang my aunt and uncle, who were obviously in a pretty bad state, and offered his condolences. He asked, as a former friend, if they'd have any objection to him running a tribute to his school friend Les in the next issue. They didn't suspect any ulterior motive and said yes. No doubt he'd got a few details of his death off them as part of the conversation. Expecting a nice tribute, they picked up the next issue to see a lurid story, with no detail spared, about how he'd gassed himself in his car. Naturally they were horrified to see something like that splashed all over the news and laid bare for the local community, many of who knew them.

That is the Harris family. Bunch of utter shits and the apple clearly hasn't fallen far from the tree.
Disgusting fucking parasites.

Really sorry to hear that mate, am awful awful story.

This might not seem like big news, but it really is. As an ex-lawyer who knows a bit about the sports law space, I can tell you he is one of the smartest, most highly respected lawyers in the world. In player terms - he’s Messi. If true and he is onboard, then this is very, very positive. We might just beat this yet!

He's represented City in the past.

The Joe Royle case.

CAS have a pool of over 300 respectable lawyers

From CAS
Generally speaking, the arbitration is submitted to a panel of three arbitrators.

Under the ordinary procedure, each party chooses one arbitrator from the CAS list, then the two designated arbitrators agree on who will be the president of the panel. Failing such agreement, the President of the Ordinary Arbitration Division makes this selection instead of the two arbitrators.

Under the appeals procedure, each party chooses an arbitrator, and the president of the panel is selected by the President of the Appeals Arbitration Division.

If the parties agree, or if the CAS deems this appropriate, a sole arbitrator may be appointed, depending on the nature and importance of the case.

The arbitrators must be independent, that is to say have no particular connection with any of the parties, and must not have played any role in the case in question.
Thanks for that .
Just a final thought on this , I presume the 300 lawyers on the list would be international lawyers not Swiss only. Is the list of these 300 lawyers available to the public.

What does he mean, 'Even Stu Brennan was embarrassed about the tool kit'

Since when was the MEN still considered a primary City source for anything.

Even United, for that matter?

From what I remember, Brennan wasn’t like that at all and his article about the toolkit was pro-City. I think he got quotes from an expert in that field who backed up what PB was saying. Granted, the expert said it didn’t necessarily mean it was done deliberately to screw City over but that could be as much to do with him not wanting to be seen to be throwing accusations at UEFA as anything else.

So Nick Cockroach is a lying fuckwit but what’s new?

For me, this is the most ironic thing about the whole situation.

This description - "One thing is for sure, positions are so entrenched that these so-called journalists are past the point of no return. By lowering the tone to such an extent, they simply have to win." - is exactly what they think of City fans - that we're so tribal, so blinkered, that the club winning is the only outcome.

...but the same thing is true for them. Where do they go if City win?

What can you say when you've picked over every word of Soriano's interview and branded it a Trump/Putin style disinformation campaign designed to do nothing but spread lies, and then it turns out to be true, and just a bloke pleading innoncence before it is proven?

How do you celebrate that the Grubby Arabs have finally been punished, only for the punishment to disappear at the behest of a legal body respected world round?

Why is anyone going to take you seriously when you've called fans "Emirati propaganda bots", "Vicious rats", "Blinkered crackpots" only to find out they were right, and you, who filled columns with defences of the great European institution of UEFA were the one who drank the coolaid?

I don't know how you can professionally take a position like they have, without stopping to consider that City might win. Maybe it's an outside bet, but they might, and you've just spent 25 minutes of your podcast saying that the club are acting like the pravda for questioning the sanctity of an independent hearing so you definitely can't question the verdict either.

What is David Conn going to say to his editor if, in 3 months time everything gets dismissed, and he says, "For fuck sake David, someone literally gave you the evidence that ADUG didn't pay the Etihad deal and you never questioned the fact the whole case was based on emails which said explicitly that ADUG paid the sponsorship"?

Very good post.

I do believe though they are led by the editorial , the owners, and they are doing as they are told. They will be rewarded handsomely or quietly dropped.

PB uncovered changes to the UEFA document (the toolkit) which related to the application of FFP. IIRC, the revised application meant that we couldn't avoid punishment by deducting wages under pre-2010 contracts to fall within a certain threshold whereby we'd have avoided a penalty despite falling FFP in the first period.

The suggestion is that even Brennan - regarded as an arch-City defender by these people - didn't agree with Colin's analysis.

IMO for a journalist to contact a fan privately like this is a sign of him having spectacularly lost the plot. Dunno if you'd agree with that, mate, given your professional background?

Bang on Peter. In the post I’ve just made, I’ve called out Nick Harris as a liar on Brennan’s stance.

Harris is also the c*nt who sent Gary James threatening DMs on Twitter last year.

For me, this is the most ironic thing about the whole situation.

This description - "One thing is for sure, positions are so entrenched that these so-called journalists are past the point of no return. By lowering the tone to such an extent, they simply have to win." - is exactly what they think of City fans - that we're so tribal, so blinkered, that the club winning is the only outcome.

...but the same thing is true for them. Where do they go if City win?

What can you say when you've picked over every word of Soriano's interview and branded it a Trump/Putin style disinformation campaign designed to do nothing but spread lies, and then it turns out to be true, and just a bloke pleading innoncence before it is proven?

How do you celebrate that the Grubby Arabs have finally been punished, only for the punishment to disappear at the behest of a legal body respected world round?

Why is anyone going to take you seriously when you've called fans "Emirati propaganda bots", "Vicious rats", "Blinkered crackpots" only to find out they were right, and you, who filled columns with defences of the great European institution of UEFA were the one who drank the coolaid?

I don't know how you can professionally take a position like they have, without stopping to consider that City might win. Maybe it's an outside bet, but they might, and you've just spent 25 minutes of your podcast saying that the club are acting like the pravda for questioning the sanctity of an independent hearing so you definitely can't question the verdict either.

What is David Conn going to say to his editor if, in 3 months time everything gets dismissed, and he says, "For fuck sake David, someone literally gave you the evidence that ADUG didn't pay the Etihad deal and you never questioned the fact the whole case was based on emails which said explicitly that ADUG paid the sponsorship"?
Great post but a anyone who reads Private Eye knows, the media has an incredible capacity for deluding even themselves. Not just a paper but a specific journalist will take one position one week and a totally contrary one the next. And they won't even say "I was wrong on that. I didn't think it through". They'll write it like they always thought that way. It's like 1984 Live apart from the fact they aren't deleting their previous stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.