UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irrefutable proof will be the clubs financial records. This would have been contained somewhere in the 200 page dossier we had put together for our defence. Something UEFA decided not to look at.

What they looked at, were stolen/hacked emails which they proceeded to take out of context. They used that as a negotiation and offered a deal, like the bully’s they are and assuming we would take one.

We didn’t. We said fuck off. See you in court, where we will be bringing the 200 page document that you didn’t want to see.

They then threw their toys out the pram and made, what will consequentially be, an absolutely fucking horrendous decision that is going to haunt them for many, many years.

Once the case is completed then there is nothing to stop City releasing their defence if they choose to, even if UEFA don't release their's however they did say they would

We don't have an "owner" as such anymore, we have numerous shareholders. Sheikh Mansour is obviously the vast majority but we have major investors from China and silver lake in America. Mansour sold 10% of the group for $500m a few months ago so I don't think he's too worried
My guess is that CFG has cost Mansour upwards of £2bn so far, so he has a paper profit, his stake worth £2.5 - £3bn?.

Once the case is completed then there is nothing to stop City releasing their defence if they choose to, even if UEFA don't release their's however they did say they would
I think we must publish our docs and an explanation for "that" email.

I'm not a legal expert which is obvious but......and it's a big but....IF we lose the case, wouldn't the premier league have a case then to pursue us, on the basis our break even money to meet their criteria was falsified?
The PL FFP are a lot more liberal that UEFA and were introduced a few years after I doubt we were anywhere near failing Also since they said it was too long ago to investigate the lfc hacking scandal then they cant ignore that for our issue

That’s my concern to be honest. If we’ve already submitted what we considered to be the irrefutable proof, then it clearly wasn’t considered irrefutable and the CFCB would have definitely looked at it.

Personally, I want to know when we say the emails were taken out of context, what we fully mean by that. I don’t think we’ll ever find out though, I think the argument at CAS will be more around the verdict being inadmissible anyway.

The club submitted a document (200 pages) to the Investigative Chamber that they claimed was never considered We don't know if this was ever sent to the Regulative Chamber and if it was considered

Out of context would be using one part of an email chain and not considering the other mails eg "We can do what we want" has ben used to infer that this is City being arrogant when in reality it come be the reply to a question of "can we do that" with the answer being perfectly ok because it is something that is totally in City's control

The definitive thread as always from Swiss Ramble. Little or anything to argue with in the entire thing.

Would recommend all of u on this thread to read it. ( a bit late longish but worth it)
One might have wished for a more openly supportive piece. He doesn't mention the corrupt change of rules which led to our first FFP sanction nor the US investigation cited by PB showing our sponsors' support was not from SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.