UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read somewhere that we did submit our docs quite late on. Well, we had to get them together, so that's only to be expected. Uefa badly at fault trying to squeeze it in.

It also depends when we got the questions they required answers to . If that's an issue, CAS would look at the whole chronology to see whether any delay in submitting our dossier was reasonable.

Having been in this position several times, I've always found that Courts lean heavily towards allowing more generous time to those under investigation in order to demonstrate "fairness" of process.

I'm never confident of Court proceedings but I do know that being up against time limitations leads to haste which leads to mistakes and I hope that's the case here.

Whilst we're speculating, I"m interested in this newly-embraced and much-touted concept that the rules may be corrupt but we "signed up to them" so it doesn't matter.

Setting aside the idea that you can compete in football without CL money, I'd love to see the "contract" we "signed" up to. Presumably there is some sort of contractual obligation on UEFA to administer the competition and its processes fairly. Even if there isn"t, it would surely be implicit given the required trust between the parties.

Proven breach of that agreement by UEFA would be an interesting situation given that we know the size of the financial penalties UEFA would like to impose on us. And that's before you start on the other financial implications.
Syed wrote in his first article on this subject that City agreed to the rules, so must abide by them, even if they disagreed with them. Ok in theory, but: 'Agreed'. .?
IIRC, G14 rejected Platini's rules and wrote their own, threatening to pull out of the CL if UEFA did not agree to their terms. The then President of REAL said "ffp is coming, the clubs want them....."
At this point only G14 had agreed to them and the rest of us had no opportunity to make our points.
UEFA then made it clear that clubs had to sign up to them in order to play in their competitions.
Hardly " Agreement".
It is clear to me that the control body should not also run the primary club competition in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.