Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Great Turn out for the lads last night City fans sang their hearts out, did you notice all the City fans in the corner celebrating when Kev scored :)

very very good result, and a wonderful performance. All players did well, praise for Jesus, De Bruyne and Gundogan in particular.

i was convinced they would chalk of Jesus's goal for a 'push'

Unfortunately we have a few infiltrating cnuts that fawn over the Rag Cafe website - trying to portray how bad we're gonna perform in this competition. Bobbymanc and Robinamicrowave (the latter one sounds as much scouse than you could ever imagine) should hang their heads in shame. Total sycophants of the highest order. I sincerely hope they don't have season tickets to attend our club. Absolute scum.

One will be Conn the fucking turncoat!

Just read some of the comments on the BBC web site - one in particular shows the ignorance of some folk .................

"Money talks"

I didn't know that all Real's players came through their youth teams.
Well they only spent over 300 million in the summer this year . Not bad for a team operating at a loss. Their 100m + bench warmer signed in 2013 failed to make an impact when he came on so we were lucky.

Ok watching it now online (BT commentary) because last night I watched our own disgraceful game instead:

1st half impressions:
I first read the Real fans' banner as "menstrual"
• how pleasant to watch two teams who can actually pass the ball, it's curing my eyes
• that McManamann guy is from Liverpool right? It's one of the few accents I can place. Every time I get him on a game I'm watching he's a twat though, he ruins the commentary for me
• City have been dangerous on occasions but I'd say Real have had the better chances in this half. City seem very comfortable though. Very enjoyable game.

Great win for the mighty blues. Maybe a season defining win. I have seen us play far better but seldom have we worked as hard and so disciplined. The one black spot was Laporte and cross fingers he is back soon. His face coming off hinted that might not be the case though.
Gabby was everywhere last night and showed Salah how to handle a bully like Ramos. He looked like he would make a very good wing back too. Kev and Fern were both magnificent and I wonder if that performance will see Kev as full time capitain next season. Showed everyone how to take a penalty. Walker was great if not faultless, Mendy was fine too (I didn’t get the criticism of him last night). Raz made a difference when he came on.
What a great game football would be if the refereeing was at that standard consistently.
Thought RM were pretty ordinary for an elite club. We will need to go up another gear to go deeper but a very good team performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.