Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Wonderful as last night was, plenty of time left in the tie for uefa to fuck us over. As has become the case more & more in recent memory, need to bury chances so they can't.
They’ll be looking through their ref files for just the man for the job!

Don’t really want to play semantics, but inconsistent doesn’t really apply if two players play in different positions and you are talking about the same skill/error.

Just as I wouldn’t complain that Sergio didn’t win a single header in a game compared to Laporte, so I wouldn’t compare the games of Mendy and Rodri.

Now, if you want to talk about Rodri versus Gundo in the game, where they’re being asked to do similar, if slightly different things, I can live with that.

Have a good day.
I will thanks. Comparing the performance level of players within different positions taking account of the skillsets associated with those positions is a large part of a football forum. Lets ban all player ratings or motm threads if all we can do is compare defensive midfielders with each other. Really not sure where you are coming from. Anyway, things to do.......

Was it not a poor pass from Gundogan that started their goal.
No, I don’t think it was. It was poor control from Ota, who, in a rush to get rid of it, pinged it in to Rodri 6 yards away. As 3 players moved in on him, he took a touch and tried to give it back to the only player he could (Ota) and Modric came in from behind and intercepted it.

Mendy both thrills and enrages me.
I understand his best work is done bombing down the wing and then crossing the ball in. That in part is why Sane doesn't work when they both play.
I loved his energy last night, and you can see glimpses of him returning to his devastating form.

However. There were times last night that i wondered if he had put someones elses boots on by mistake.
At no point did i feel comfortable when he was playing out from the back. Many times he couldn't seem to get the ball past his man. Simple passes just didn't work.

But, i still haven't lost faith in him. I think it is just a recovery and confidence thing. You can tell he is a passionate guy. A good guy.
I worried that the long injury has taken a toll, and his lower key media work is not good for him.
I loved the Shark team thing. It was a great way of galvanizing the team and fans.
Some thought the media work was distracting him from performing. I think with him it works the other way round.
I'm glad he is back in the team. And i hope he comes up with some more crazy media stuff soon!

Its barely media work though is it. A few tweets etc. He doesn’t look comfortable playing out and teams are on to this and close him down.
He’s took on a few players and beaten them in the last few games. As you say a confidence thing. Hopefully next season will be at his best.

So a supporter of another team comes in to say congratulations and the first thing you can think of is to be a dick?

I'll probably get banned for saying that but I thought that this forum would have a bit higher standards than posts like yours..

Yes, because reaching the final one year and then winning it the following year was dreadful for the country's coefficient.

As for getting more support why would anyone bother if this is what it leads to?

I tried to be gracious and say congratulations and two of you decided to jump on that and use it as an opportunity to try and insult or degrade me/my post.

Given I'll be banned for telling the poster from the quote above that he's being a dick I'll not have the chance but if I didn't get banned why would I come in here again to say well done about a result if all I would get in response is abuse?

Slag off everyone if you want but if that's the standards you hold yourself to then you're both letting the rest of the decent supporters in here down by lowering yourselves to the point where you have to react negatively and go on the attack when a fan from another Club tries to be nice in a post.
Mate, the first post was just a friendly joke, a tongue-in cheek reference to the hacking allegations of your club I think. Relax.

The second one made a point of underlining that last night's win was good for the whole of British football, not just for City, as the other PL teams aren't doing great. I understand that you feel it might be hypocritical since I don't know how many City fans were actually happy when Liverpool won the CL. It wasn't an attack towards you though, just a general observation. And as a rule, it's true that an English team doing well or winning it shows the strength of the Prem.

Also, I have yet to see a football forum that has "high standards".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.