Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Decent referee for a change. Big decisions went our way.

Got a feeling UEFA might have told him to be good to us so then it don’t look as dodgy when we get robbed in the 2nd leg.

Or maybe I’m just paranoid.

the thing is Zinchenko has had little game time this season and when he played he was left midfield, so work to be done in the up and coming games to get him back at left back because without laporte we have nothing on the left side of defence and madrid will see that as a weak point and you can bet will flood down the left at every chance they get
Madrid coming at us is probably what Pep wants so we can exploit the space. We have to be clinical though. We should have had 4, maybe 5 - albeit when you score the game changes so it’s not always a case of the goals racking up. But I agree, we have to be ready for an onslaught down our left.

Eh? What decisions??? You could have a legitimate debate that the sending off was very soft but the first goal was NOT a push and the penalty was nailed on.
Some players stay on their feet when fouled - Sergio is like that. Jesus is one of those with the attitude ‘foul me and I’ll make sure the ref knows’. We are an incredibly fair team - we take quick free kicks and throw ins when winning and are quick to get on with the game no matter the score.

It's only just occurred to me (I know, that's what old age does to you), but has anyone nipped round to Javier Tebas' gaff? I wouldn't like to think he did anything rash in the aftermath of his beloved Real Madrid being schooled by evil, corrupt, cheating, Arab owned Citeh.

It's only just occurred to me (I know, that's what old age does to you), but has anyone nipped round to Javier Tebas' gaff? I wouldn't like to think he did anything rash in the aftermath of his beloved Real Madrid being schooled by evil, corrupt, cheating, Arab owned Citeh.
Nope. Can't get close enough to petrol bomb it with those gates. Thinking of starting a GoFundMe for an RPG.

Apologies if this has been covered but Sergio at the end, he was absolutely buzzing! All smiles, embracing Gabby. What a fucking guy. But Pep will struggle to keep everyone happy according to the media.... 4 years ago.... And everyone who matters has signed a contract extension in that time... CITY

We could (should?) have ended up with 4 or 5 goals.

What makes me uncomfortable about that is that it's a recurring refrain this season. We should… but we don't. It could be applied with just as much relevance to the return match against the rags in the League Cup, and to both matches against Tottenham. To mention only them. In the CL, perhaps more than in any other competition, it is not the best team that wins. It is the clinical team.
Are we that team, finally?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.