League Cup final tickets

@hello mentioned a 7hr round trip by train to the Etihad, so he's probably Bolton way.

haha train would have been London to Hampshire & back, which fortunately is no longer needed. TBF the individual I spoke today was great and I actually have a solution that's not too much of a hassle, but 3 10-15 minute calls to the ticket office post purchased just seems like they are making extra work for themselves and pissing customers off unnecessarily.

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll bare in mind alternative print solutions should the inevitable city ticket office cock up happen again.

haha train would have been London to Hampshire & back, which fortunately is no longer needed. TBF the individual I spoke today was great and I actually have a solution that's not too much of a hassle, but 3 10-15 minute calls to the ticket office post purchased just seems like they are making extra work for themselves and pissing customers off unnecessarily.

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll bare in mind alternative print solutions should the inevitable city ticket office cock up happen again.
@jimharri
I think what this shows is that the level of service you get from the ticket office is dependent on the individual answering the phone.
Some are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about what can be done whilst others haven’t a scooby

The only barrier to this perhaps not selling out is the extortionate price of those Level 2 tickets. When some tickets have been appearing back on the planner in the cheaper price categories this week, they've been getting snapped up straight away - even the £90 ones - but £125/£150 tickets with no concessions are a step too far for many fans, especially as this is our 5th League Cup final in 7 seasons, and our 8th domestic cup final at Wembley in less than 9 years. In contrast, this is Villa's 11th domestic cup final at Wembley since the stadium opened 97 years ago in 1923 (before anyone pulls me up and says it's 13, their 2 early League Cup final appearances in 1961 and 1963 were played over 2 legs on a home and away basis). As you say, we were given about 1200 more tickets than them anyway, and someone reckoned the most expensive tickets they were given were priced at £100 so maybe they weren't even given any Level 2 tickets at their side of the ground.
Think it will just be £150s left, ther's only about 100 left at £125

It’s also likely that some City fans who can afford the £125/£150 tickets will have already managed to get tickets for corporate sections. There’ll be more than 35,000 City fans in the stadium.

That's true enough - they won't need to go through the club to get them either, because there's around 20,000 seats in the neutral sections.

Last edited:
What the fuck is wrong with the ticket office/IT at city?

We moved in november, changed our address online and double checked on the phone. The fucking idiots have sent our tickets to our old address... BECAUSE THEY USE TWO SEPARATE NON-CONNECTING DATABASES?!? Is it any wonder the longest threads on this forum are about the ticket office being an utter shambles and the treatment of fans. Fucking millions spent on a new tunnel club for fucking rich neutrals but maintain an archaic ticketing database.

If you deal with supporter services it tends to be a decent experience, but the ticket office needs a serious overhaul. Probably IT as well.

We were told earlier in the week to contact the club if our ticket(s) hadn't arrived by thursday's post. Which it didn't. So I called Supporter Services and arranged an e-ticket which landed in my inbox at 9 this morning. Guess what came in today's post?

MRYScqJ.jpg

Useless, now a duplicate has been issued. Typical.

:-(

Looks like the club has taken it off the website for ticket sales. You would have to ring up re: 125-150 quid tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.