UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, there are supposedly 5 charges. My guess would be that the inflated sponsorships are at least 3 of those charges, one each for Etihad and the other two (Etisalat & Aabar we think). Then there's the failure to co-operate.

But if you think about it, the G-14 probably don't care. This is just one shot in their bombardment. They won't even care if it brings UEFA down, as UEFA just get in the way of the G-14 earning more money from a Super League of some sort.

i thought this train of thought would pop up today,
we will then end up tainted as the bad club who brought down uefa , we have to crush the g14

I know his lawyer is courting the press, however there is no chance whatsoever that a reporter, would be given access to Pinto.
So, the report that they met him in December is pure fiction, and as a result one has to question the truth of the article.
I would question the truth of anything said by Pinto or his Lawyer in any event.

One thing to remember about Saint Pinto. He was caught in a sting operation whilst trying to extort money from an agency, with his lawyer in tow, I believe. Also, he hacked a banks accounts and illegally transfered money. Hardly the work of a whistleblower. It doesn't seem a big step to altering emails - if he has infact done that.

edit Sorry Centurions - great minds and all that ...
For anyone who is still confused over whether Pinto is a good guy or not:-

Inside those devices, the investigators were hoping to find evidence linking the man behind Football Leaks to the case that was the basis of the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) issued by the Public Attorney from the Departamento Central de Investigação Penal (DCIAP): the hacking of Sporting Club de Portugal and Doyen Sports Investments Limited servers and the extortion attempt of Nélio Lucas, then Doyen’s CEO. They also knew that they would probably find thousands of documents not related to the EAW. What they didn’t expect was to find strong evidence that Rui Pinto had hacked the emails of the most important members of the Portuguese judicial system, including communications between Joana Marques Vidal, the former Attorney General, and Amadeu Guerra, the previous head of DCIAP, the department that investigates the most complex cases in Portugal, including terrorism, money laundering and corruption.

According to a judicial document issued last month by the public prosecutor in charge of the case, Patricia Barão, the preliminary analysis of Rui Pinto’s hard drives allowed the investigators to determine that the hacker had managed to access the emails of Amadeu Guerra, Pedro Verdelho (head of the cybercrime unit based in the Attorney General headquarters), unidentified members of the Internal Administration Ministry, Public Security Police, FIFA, UEFA, the South America Football Confederation (CONBEBOL), FC Porto, and two law firms.

http://josimarfootball.com/the-portuguese-case-against-rui-pinto/

If the above is true then he's in a world of hurt.

This thread is a lot more positive today. I can fully believe the narrative that the IC and the AC had next to nothing on City but have been effectively bullied by the G14 to deliver this verdict. It has the immediate impact of damaging City, its owners and its brand and when the shit hits the fan it will be UEFA who are the fall guys. I guess UEFA and City are on to this and hence the conciliatory tone from City last week re UEFA. The one bit I can't get my head around, and some of the IT boffins on here might be able to help. If Der Spiegel were delivered servers with huge volumes of date - circa 80m emails... how did they get to the 3 or 4 about us so quickly ? I think City have been targeted and the evidence delivered to Der Spiegel - as a few other posters have suggested - (maybe even @Prestwich_Blue ) there is a wider agenda of dirty tricks taking place here... we have been targeted and you cant dismiss the fact that people close to our G14 enemies have been involved in the dirty tricks.

and you’d have to ask, if Der Spiegel were given any servers with information on them, surely they would have been ceased by now?

i thought this train of thought would pop up today,
we will then end up tainted as the bad club who brought down uefa , we have to crush the g14
We have to survive and prosper, we are hopefully going to be playing the top teams in Europe as part of our future. IMO we have to fight the charges but still maintain a working relationship with other top clubs where possible.

This thread is a lot more positive today. I can fully believe the narrative that the IC and the AC had next to nothing on City but have been effectively bullied by the G14 to deliver this verdict. It has the immediate impact of damaging City, its owners and its brand and when the shit hits the fan it will be UEFA who are the fall guys. I guess UEFA and City are on to this and hence the conciliatory tone from City last week re UEFA. The one bit I can't get my head around, and some of the IT boffins on here might be able to help. If Der Spiegel were delivered servers with huge volumes of date - circa 80m emails... how did they get to the 3 or 4 about us so quickly ? I think City have been targeted and the evidence delivered to Der Spiegel - as a few other posters have suggested - (maybe even @Prestwich_Blue ) there is a wider agenda of dirty tricks taking place here... we have been targeted and you cant dismiss the fact that people close to our G14 enemies have been involved in the dirty tricks.

By using software called Intella.

The New Yorker piece had an interesting little bit in it (well, I thought it was interesting):-

The first hard drives that Pinto gave to Buschmann contained around eighteen million files. Der Spiegel bought new servers and created a secure network to handle the data. “We went shopping,” Naber said. The magazine’s I.T. team converted PDFs and e-mails into searchable text, while the reporters worked on Intella, specialized software used by prosecutors in fraud cases, to make connections within the documents. When I visited, the Intella home screen showed some sixteen million e-mails, eighty-five thousand presentations, six hundred and eighty thousand spreadsheets, and a hundred and five thousand contacts in the Football Leaks database. I typed in the name Jordan Pickford, the current goalkeeper for the English national team. There were twenty-four hundred and twenty-four results. Mesut Özil, an ethereal German playmaker for Arsenal, the team that I support, generated eighty-six hundred and twenty-nine.

They have put pieces out worldwide that we don't really hear about in Little England I'm afraid. A few Portuguese clubs, Ronaldo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.