#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he is guaranteed so your point is irrelevant. I said he should start every game. If, after three starts he is a glaring weakness then clearly he shouldn't be starting. But he should be given more starts now that the league position is more certain so next season we know how he fits into our plans. Gundogan and Silva have been clear weak links at times this season but it hasn't stopped them starting again. Mahrez on the other hand seems to be out if he has one poor game, when he has often been our most influential player in other games.
I'm hopeful Foden and Garcia will now play more. Beating Leicester establishes a solid gap to 3rd and top 4 is near wnough guaranteed.

It should be about prioritising the CL and cups now. I think Pep has been looking ahead. Building the fitness back after the break for tonight and Sunday. I hope Foden gets on the pitch for both as that would be huge experience. Against the relative lack of pace in Real's midfield Foden would make a huge impact. When you see Grealish and Madisson having such impacts at their clubs you know Foden is more than capable of being a quality player for us as he is miles better than both.

This run to the end of the season is vital for him. If he is going to stay he should be starting every league and FA Cup game and then can play himself into contention for the CL.

I can't see him wanting to stay next season if he continues to play so little.

If Pep doesn't keep to his word that Phil is Merl's replacement, which many now think he won't, give him to Leeds if Bielsa can get them up next season.

We're screwing the kid royally atm.

No one is guaranteed a starting berth, why should Foden be a shoe in for all remaking league and domestic Cup games. I'm not bashing him or sitting in any camp, but to say he must play every domestic game till the end of the season, is nonsense imo.
Let’s split the difference then. 5 minutes and a pat on the head. Maybe chuck in a free Etihad Stadium tour.

Last edited:
Hope he does well today! *fingers crossed*

Will be interesting to see where he's playing - has to be on the wing and I'm hoping it's down the right, with Sterling left.

I think we'll get to see more of him as an attacking threat as one of our forwards. He puts in a proper shift as a CM, but it can sometimes detract from his ability to score/assist when he's deeper, which I'd like to be put on show in a game like this.

Needs to start all our remaining league matches this season. He is something special. Born to play at Wembley. Love Pep "2nd trophy of the season after the Community Shield". Priceless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.