#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were saying last season he doesn't trust him lol,what ever happens in the rest of this season is not relevant to next season and if he is really going to take daves spot as promised by pep,patience
i will bet you he starts next sunday so i'll take the bet for that
Ok you are on Karen. Thanks for taking the bet. Are you going next Sunday?

Feeling more and more like the club and Pep see him more valuable from a marketing point of view than as a player.
Constantly talked up and hyped, nearly always on the clubs feed when showing pictures of the squad training etc, but played less than 3 full pl games in terms of minutes, considering we have nothing to play for in the league, and the number of games where we have been 3 or more goals up.
Not far off turning 20, it's getting harder to justify being at the club is the best for his career.

Feeling more and more like the club and Pep see him more valuable from a marketing point of view than as a player.
Constantly talked up and hyped, nearly always on the clubs feed when showing pictures of the squad training etc, but played less than 3 full pl games in terms of minutes, considering we have nothing to play for in the league, and the number of games where we have been 3 or more goals up.
Not far off turning 20, it's getting harder to justify being at the club is the best for his career.
I am starting to agree, I just can't understand the logic of playing Gundogan or Silva ahead of him. As a team we're desperately missing pace, energy and intensity this year and he provides it in abundance. I'm not expecting him to start every game or even half of them but to be sat on the bench every single game is stagnating his career, he needs games.

Nothing to play for in the league?
We need to secure 2nd, with the win against Leicester this is looking more likely. If we can get ahead 10 points or so then I think we will see Foden more. The games against Madrid will also make an impact. He has another FA cup game coming up, maybe even a bit of curve ball with a start in the final.

I think Foden is doing just fine, none of us know how he is in training so how can we judge if Pep should have started him?

Pep isn't going to start dropping KDB, Silva, Gundo for all league games just to concentrate on the CL. PSG try and do that and look how far it gets them.

Nothing to play for in the league?
We need to secure 2nd, with the win against Leicester this is looking more likely. If we can get ahead 10 points or so then I think we will see Foden more. The games against Madrid will also make an impact. He has another FA cup game coming up, maybe even a bit of curve ball with a start in the final.

I think Foden is doing just fine, none of us know how he is in training so how can we judge if Pep should have started him?

Pep isn't going to start dropping KDB, Silva, Gundo for all league games just to concentrate on the CL. PSG try and do that and look how far it gets them.

Fucking hell if we can’t expect him to play a more involved role in securing a distant 2nd position, against Leicester and another underperforming top 4 contender, we can hardly expect him to play a more involved role when we’re hoping for top spot again next season.

Fucking hell if we can’t expect him to play a more involved role in securing a distant 2nd position, against Leicester and another underperforming top 4 contender, we can hardly expect him to play a more involved role when we’re hoping for top spot again next season.
Not our expectations mate, it's Peps decision.

Pep might not like what he sees in training and if that's the case Foden doesn't have a divine right to play because he's from the academy.

Always been on the side of he’ll play when he’s ready and earned it with regards to Foden, it’s hard to get into the side when you’ve got two World Cup winners, the best player in the league and last seasons player of the year infront if you but If Foden is expected to replace Silva next season he needs games now. We’ve fucked up the league, the only good thing to possibly come from it is the ability to get ahead for next season by playing the likes of Foden and Garcia yet we’re putting out sides as if we’re still in the title race

Always been on the side of he’ll play when he’s ready and earned it with regards to Foden, it’s hard to get into the side when you’ve got two World Cup winners, the best player in the league and last seasons player of the year infront if you but If Foden is expected to replace Silva next season he needs games now. We’ve fucked up the league, the only good thing to possibly come from it is the ability to get ahead for next season by playing the likes of Foden and Garcia yet we’re putting out sides as if we’re still in the title race
Beating Leicester is huge, that 7 point gap should (hopefully) allow more time for Phil & Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.