COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the press conference today and I just don’t get it - we’ve less than 40 known cases in the UK. Those people are now in isolation and/or being treated. How do we go from that to potentially 80% of the population being infected?

It doesn’t seem credible or realistic. My conclusion is based on nothing as I’ve no scientific/disease knowledge whatsoever so it’s likely to me that has the problem but if someone could give an outline of how we go from 39 cases to millions in the space of a few months, that would be appreciated

I watched the press conference today and I just don’t get it - we’ve less than 40 known cases in the UK. Those people are now in isolation and/or being treated. How do we go from that to potentially 80% of the population being infected?

It doesn’t seem credible or realistic. My conclusion is based on nothing as I’ve no scientific/disease knowledge whatsoever so it’s likely to me that has the problem but if someone could give an outline of how we go from 39 cases to millions in the space of a few months, that would be appreciated

The noises are that we can't stop it so why are we wasting resources on actually containing it when we should be making plans on how to ride it out.

I am afraid the Governments Chief Medical Officer painted a different picture in this mornings press conference because if push comes to shove up to 1 million elderly people will be very badly affected and need hospital treatment. Sadly the plan is to kick it into the long grass so that the peak is spring/early summer when the hope the NHS has more capacity.

I take your point but I know who I consider to be best placed to make a valid judgement

Yes but they are already taking some action to stop the spread by isolating people coming from outbreak areas. China is reducing the increase in the number of cases purely by stopping the spread and that relieves hospital capacity.

The NHS can cope with some number of cases but even with unlimited money it couldn't cope with a true pandemic that goes on to affect a large number of people.

That is why putting resources into education on stopping the spread is far more important than how much money we can spend on hospital beds.

Personally, I think they should also make profiteering on certain medical products illegal, at least temporarily.

It is a scandal that companies like Amazon are boosting prices on things like alcohol hand sanitisers to cash in against something that will genuinely help.

Symptoms can sometimes lye dormant for a week or two before they start showing. Also, the amount of people in the developed world who are that arrogant, they will carry on travelling and not following any of the guidelines or restrictions. When people have paid money for flights and also wrapped up in their own self-importance, there's no chance of containing in.

The NHS can't cope with a drop in the temp, never mind a bug that will create so much more work.

Boris, you're a daft twat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.