UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice Steven Ross is now offering £10m each summer to certain clubs in the International Champions Cup.

I wonder which of his fellow owners of American sporting franchises he has included...

United, Liverpool, Arsenal and a token gift to Spurs thanks to their NFL arrangement.
We should have a quiet word with our Qatar neighbours about a summer tournament. Abu Dhabi run one, £200m to the winner and invite PSG and Macclesfield. Qatar run one also for £200m and invite City and other mediocre opposition like Rochdale, Torquay or United

Correct me if i am wrong but i understand LiVARpool failed FFP a few years and faced a European ban , it was waived because they didn't qualify for Europe. City's ban of 2 years is for 2 'qualifying' years. So it seems to me they are treating us differently again and ramping up the punishment
Don't know but if liverpool didn't qualify then they wouldn't have needed to submit their accounts so couldn't fail. Unless I'm missing something. I thought the only time they failed was when they allocated money to the phantom stadium to get round it.

I am more and more confident that our wonderful owners have played the cards exactly right, and I feel stupid to have doubted them in the first place. With that said, nothing has been ruled in our favor yet, but it indeed seems like the stars are aligning...

UEFA are sending to CAS, I have been told this.

I suspect this is all window dressing now. CAS have the power to refer this back to UEFA (which is what I think City and Cerefin may expect or even want)

The IC and AC are seemingly being cast adrift, being shown to not be fit for purpose.

We have copped it for Paris being treated differently and the AC have basically made us pay for that.
So do you think re your last para but one that UEFA are turning the tables on the militants by sacrificing their chambers? Originally it was thought to be UEFA as the sacrifice by the hawks if CAS went pear shaped for them.

‘Reason’.. or maybe fear of possible enormous litigation.

Whichever. They would only fear enormous litigation if they feared that reason would prevail in Court. The idea that UEFA would want to avoid litigation because of the cost is a press invention to undermine City winning in Court.

And, as an aside, if City were to dismantle UEFA's investigatory process, all the other clubs sanctioned should be looking to have their punishments overturned.

Correct me if i am wrong but i understand LiVARpool failed FFP a few years and faced a European ban , it was waived because they didn't qualify for Europe. City's ban of 2 years is for 2 'qualifying' years. So it seems to me they are treating us differently again and ramping up the punishment
No they would have failed but were not investigated because they didn't qualify for European competition.

"..we are thinking about it and will probably HAVE to adapt"

Interesting choice of words. For the first time, I'm beginning to think reason may prevail over naked greed and corruption.
My thoughts exactly.
Looks like they now know they have no option.
I wonder what brought about that change in attitude?

Referees treating us fairly in the Champions league and now this, it would appear something has got them rattled.

Not quite, unless you qualify then UEFA FFP doesn't get applied to you. The second case with the alleged breach is the suspect one because they were allowed to put £50m in stadium development costs to offset against the losses and pass FFP, when they didn't appear to have discernible relevant expenditure to justify the treatment for FFP purposes.

Clearly something going on behind the scene for him to distance himself like that

7171d9c983dd2179d3067e4b74d909e3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.