Earliest City match attended by a forum member

My first match attended was the 3-0 home defeat to Blackpool on 4 May 1963.

Bert Trautmann
Bill Leivers
Bobby Kennedy
Alan Oakes
Alf Woods
David Shawcross
Colin Barlow
Peter Dobing
Alex Harley
Matt Gray
David Wagstaffe

https://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=2475
In the 1950's I used to try and recite the Team to distract me when I was at the Dentist being tortured by some ex nazi camp guard at Hall Lane Baguley. Trautmann ,Cliff Sears, Colin Barlow,Bobby Johnstone I recall. Peter Dobing lived on Blackcarr Road, Baguley where I grew up .. Malcolm Alison moved in the next road in the 60's. Every kid on my road used to jump in a furniture van and go to Maine Rd, circa 1958-

1956 for me. Week before the season opened the first team always played the reserves at Maine Road. Sky blue vMaroon. Sat in main stand aged seven.

League cup 3rd round 71/72 season v Bolton burnden park lost 3-0 packed to capacity remember getting the bus afterwards very scary for a nipper into Manchester
I remember going to this one, the City fans forced the gate down so loads got in free, I remember loads of fight outside the pubs from the station.

I remember going to this one, the City fans forced the gate down so loads got in free, I remember loads of fight outside the pubs from the station.

Was with dad only young but it was fisticuffs all night, even on the bus

Anyone remember the song supporters sang in 50s 'Bless em all' the long and the short and the tall,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.