UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all has its place, but that is what broadsheets were always supposed to deliver?

The Athletic business model seems a strange one and is built on nothing more than monetising followers that were aligned to personalities on Twitter.

People want to be told something they don't know already.
Long reads are money spinners but even broadsheets don’t have the space. New Yorker, Scientific American, and dozens of others are making money out of long reads. The Athletic seems to want to be all things to all people. And that, as we know, rarely works.

totally agreed. They totally hoodwinked me into buying this, wont be in future. Trouble is, there is STILL room for more intelligent analysis without the clickhate bollocks and I hope someone fills in the void that The Athletic pretended to do.
Yep. Someone will fill that gap, I’m sure.

I never got the excitement and smoke being blown up their arses when they started to be honest before and article had been written?

Quite how posters felt the same scribes simply moving would mean different content or narratives i will never know?
I have always believed the Athletic would fail in the UK because of the shockingly poor level of sports journalism in the UK. In the USA there is a traditon of robust investigation and balanced coverage in their sports publications. Their newspapers may be a bit dull but they are much stronger on fact-checking and accuracy. The sports hacks here are, for the most part, incapable of serious journalism. They split into two camps: Those who operate in a pack going from one press conference to another just re-hashing propaganda and the sneering broadsheet posh boys who have a nice turn of phrase but wouldn't know a story if it fell on their head. We truly have a shite sports media in this country.

That's incorrect Karen. The most important people saw it coming and that's City.

Hence why we went to CAS long before the public verdict and had a prepared statement as a response to Uefa.
Didn't we delay the club's response to the UEFA charges by 3 days because we wanted to get our response checked by the legal team?

I have always believed the Athletic would fail in the UK because of the shockingly poor level of sports journalism in the UK. In the USA there is a traditon of robust investigation and balanced coverage in their sports publications. Their newspapers may be a bit dull but they are much stronger on fact-checking and accuracy. The sports hacks here are, for the most part, incapable of serious journalism. They split into two camps: Those who operate in a pack going from one press conference to another just re-hashing propaganda and the sneering broadsheet posh boys who have a nice turn of phrase but wouldn't know a story if it fell on their head. We truly have a shite sports media in this country.
It's not just the sports media.

Plenty, potentially.

The dismantling of UEFA and the lack of certainty that could provide is one example. We might benefit from that, we might not.
Did the chairmen of the ‘Big 5’ envisage the rise of clubs like City and Chelsea when they concentrated more and more wealth at the top of the English game?

Move the pieces on the board around sufficiently and unforeseen things can happen. Attacking UEFA is not without risk.
We'll have to agree to disagree. This isn't a scrap that we started. They did. Also, no one is talking about dismantling UEFA, just their unfair FFP, which was specifically designed to stop City.

If UEFA crumble because of this, that's their lookout, not ours. They've chosen to stymie our progress at the behest of their G14 paymasters. They'd love to rewind their competition back to a time when City didn't stand a cat in hell's chance of qualifying.

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's arse what happens to them. Their possible demise is collateral damage of their own making, not ours.

In my world, if you hit me, I'll hit you back twice as hard, & 10 times on top of your one, & keep on hitting you until you're a bludgeoned, mangled mess on the floor. City should do the same, so even if they wanted to come after us again, they were in no shape to do so.

I'd have no mercy with them. We took their 'pinch', & they came back to us over the same issue to pinch us again. Fuck em! UEFA/G14 is rotten to its core, so I'm struggling to understand why you'd want to preserve the status quo to our eternal disadvantage.

After every mass extinction, life rebuilds itself, bigger, better, stronger. If UEFA/G14 were to crumble by their own hand, European football would be stronger & more competitive for it.

Look at the great clubs who've won the European Cup in the past, & consider how many of them stand a chance of ever achieving that feat again?. Yes, they'll always be a Porto, or a Leicester, but in between them there'll be three Real Madrids, two Barca's, Two Bayerns, One Rags, an Inter etc.

It's their club competition, & they've set it up to their advantage, not ours, so if it's City who tear down FFP, like Bosman tore down players contracts, then so be it. Like I said, these things will only stand until challenged. I don't get why you don't see that??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.