United (a) post-match thread

not sure about taking Bernardo off there. We had Rodri and Gundogan holding hands in midfield and missed Bernardo’s creativity. What has happened to Sterling?

I think this is why we struggle when those two play together. Neither is doing anything wrong but Gundogan and Rodri are constantly 6 feet apart. When we were at our best the two 8s were way forward supporting the striker. All season it has felt like they’ve been deeper and it has left the front attackers isolated and marked out

We agree basically on who were the shittest in a shit performance.

Tbf I just copied yours as I wanted to do one and couldn’t be arsed typing the squad out.

I thought I’d quote as to not completely rip your post off.

Just not good enough in all areas - 72% possession is no fucking use if we don't create anything. No idea what Pep sees in Gundogan, incapable of taking the game forward.

Our recruitment is really fucking shit for a team that wants to dominate Europe.

Rodri might be a nice guy but has the turning circle of an oil tanker and the speed of a disabled snail.Cancello is a worse player than Danilo.
This is all so true sadly. Unfortunately past performance in the transfer market is a good indicator of future performance.

Where to begin? Some serious money has been wasted on Rodri and Cancello and to a lesser extent Mahrez and Mendy.

The worrying thing is we again need a major rebuild unless we settle for being a top four side with the odd league cup thrown in.

To play the style Pep wants we need pacey accomplished defenders and we have one, Laporte, Walker on his day but I did say accomplished. The jury is out on Ederson too. Nice passer but he can't keep on letting soft goals in like that. At times he looks in a fucking daydream.

In midfield we have Kev. Phil might come good but who is going to be as good as Merlin? Mahrez is hit and miss, more the latter and Bernardo and Sterling are bang average at the moment and have been all season. Gundogan and Rodri are too slow. There are small signs Aguero is starting to show his age, even so he is our best forward.

Today Pep got the tactics and formation all wrong and the players were going through the motions until the last 25 minutes. A thought on Ederson, did leaving him out the last two games mean he was rusty?

To be beaten three times by the worst United team I have seen in years is an utter disgrace and some players need to show some fight and bollocks and realise what this game means to the fans.

A massive reboot is needed in the summer and we better pray we overturn that ban or we could slip to a top six side.

I may be being over pessimistic but this season has proved concerns I had about certain players to be worryingly true.

How we have lost to these rag bastards three times this season, I have no idea. I’ve said this before but it’s frustrating because these are some of the best days in our history whilst they’re currently shite and we really should be battering them every match. We won’t be this good forever and they won’t be this shit forever, that’s just how football is.

Very deflating after recent results but we’ve got a big CL game coming up which is more important and I’d rather we won that.

blue's don't go on social media tonight they have all come out in numbers and its like the coronavirus its spreading like wildfire

Plays pretty training ground football which slows us down Sell him soon

I would be more worried about the ease in which people wander nay walk past the tank Rodri. Unless he is in a back 3 he kills us to often.

Last edited:
Anyone else think our real problem is in midfield ? When the rags defended they had 8 men in defence. When they attacked they had 7 men swarming forward at pace. Our midfield are static neither supporting the attack nor protecting the defence.

On the rare occasion they pass forward, they don't move to receive the return, just stand where they passed it from and then get it back and work it even further backwards. I'd love to know what percentage of our possession is in the back four. More and more the back 4 are being relied on to be the playmakers which results in them losing it and being exposed.

In our title winning years loads of goals came from midfield when the attack was struggling. Now they barely look as though they've got a goal in them.

Absolutely our problem is midfield along with a makeshift defence and poor alternatives to cover injuries

Gundo paired with rodri is awful in big games- we might get away with it vs lesser teams but in intense matches we dont.....this has been shown numerous times and all our poorest performances come with Gundogan in the team (he has been culpable before against utd - the one where we were winnign two nil - think he scored but hey won 3-2 at our place - he got ran all over that game and for a guy who aint good at running that is a problem!)

Our left back options are awful - both of them.

One decent centre half in the whole club and one makeshift one

Central midfield (the number 6 role) - gundo shit, Rodri Im strating to question.

Wingers who are a bit one dimensional at times (losing Sane will only compound this) - all of them want to cut in all the time - think sterling needs time to go back out onto the right but we cant do that with no Sane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.