United (a) post-match thread

They’ve had our number big time this season.

We got dicked at home in the league, should have been about 1-4.

We were 0-3 up at their place in the EFL Cup semi with a home leg to come, but played like dicks all second half there giving the ball away for fun with petulant no look passes and stupid flicks and they got back in it, then we were hanging on at the end against ten men at home.

And today was the worst of the lot.

One good half out of 8 against them this season!

That must be the most toothless display under Pep. Even in his first season when we lost heavily at Leicester and Everton, we had 19 shots with 9 good chances at Leicester and 13 shots with 6 good chances at Everton... today we did absolutely fuck all!

I know I’ll calm down by Tuesday as I’ll settle with the fact we have the biggest game of the season next week, but today (and probably tomorrow) I’m fucking furious with that display!

I think the difference is that they took a risk on the big donkey maguire
Whereas we don’t wanna risk players because we have more important games (like it or not)
Also the biggest game we won and went on to win a cup
Also we could beAt them in fa cup
Just feels to me like pep never really goes for the kill on these guys
Like he doesn’t see a threat and hasn’t got the emotion we do

Sod it, got beat, we played poor,Utd weren’t that great, on to the Arsenal game and hopefully an all round better performance than today.

The fact that we have performances in us like this just give me no confidence about success in the CL. A shite 45 mins seems to be able to strike at any time and we're hopeless with that kind of inconsistency.

Anyone else find it weird when they were showing VAR replays for the Sergio offside that he was actually level with the Utd defender? Just seen the replays. Don't forget, it take 2-3 frames per second for the ball to actually leave a players foot. How on earth could they have been certain he was offside if he was parallel to the defender? Smells corrupt.

I would be interested to see how we looked if Rodri and Fernandino swapped positions. Don't forget Vinnie came to us as a midfielder with limitations and Rodders has a similar stature. Feel sorry for our central defenders in the way we play. Take for instance Maguire very rarely gets isolated due to having a bank of midfielders protecting him but whatever the scoreline our back two are exposed because the rest of the team are in the opposition half. We can't have it both ways and our football under Pep has been a joy to behold but Mancini knew how to close a game out.

Anyone else find it weird when they were showing VAR replays for the Sergio offside that he was actually level with the Utd defender? Just seen the replays. Don't forget, it take 2-3 frames per second for the ball to actually leave a players foot. How on earth could they have been certain he was offside if he was parallel to the defender? Smells corrupt.
Bailing out the linesman
If it was normal goal var would have said goal but they make it up weekly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.