COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The panic buying only goes to suggest that perhaps a virus that could wipe out a chunk of the population isn’t an entirely bad thing. Why is toilet roll the top coveted item? It may as well be tooth paste for all the sense it makes. I look forward to seeing masses of people in lockdown on their bog roll thrones starving and dehydrated in a few weeks time.

Oh ffs, why did you post this when I noticed I'ld probably need to pick toothpaste on my way home tonight :-(

Ha. Would you have this blasé attitude if your team was 25 points clear and on the brink of winning the title in 30 years ? I suspect many would be saying this virus is all a conspiracy to stop us winning the league!

Mark, may I remind you that we're still in with a shout of winning 2 more trophies this season? In other words, stop chatting shit

This post lacks apocalyptic hysteria. Please re-submit.
I think you'll find people have been making balanced and reasonable claims and projections. The WHO have reported a much higher death rate and yet people like me - who you might regard as being one of the more alarmist - have been using figures like 1% anyway.

If you take the raw numbers and projections, then yes it does look apocalyptic. But hopefully we can avoid that with appropriate actions.

On #COVID2019, @BorisJohnson said:

“One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go & allow #coronvirus to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures.”

Did our fierce interrogator Schofield let him get away with that? I just hope Johnson hadn't heard that theory from Dominic Cummings. I mean, they've not disowned the eugenics comments, have they?
That's because it is a standard theory, that some/most humans develop their own immunity to the worst part of these viruses and can pass on weaker strains thus accelerating the end of the outbreak.

https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-we-should-deescalate-the-war-on-the-coronavirus/

It's the thought that society is allowing the vulnerable to take the hit, without attempting to protect them, that we find hard to accept, when it's our own communities, of course. It's a bit easier when it's others' communities.

That's because it is a standard theory, that some/most humans develop their own immunity to the worst part of these viruses and can pass on weaker strains thus accelerating the end of the outbreak.

https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-we-should-deescalate-the-war-on-the-coronavirus/

It's the thought that society is allowing the vulnerable to take the hit, without attempting to protect them, that we find hard to accept, when it's our own communities, of course. It's a bit easier when it's others' communities.

In the words of Boris ‘Let’s get coronavirus done’.

£3,500 will be given to you to be infected with a mild dose of corona virus so they can try and get a vaccine, the poor in society being used as guinea pigs can’t see anyone well off volunteering:(
Simply misleading. The trial will infect people with a different virus known to cause only mild symptoms. NOT covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.