COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's how it works.
At the end of a pandemic infection 60-70% of a population will be infected.
But: 80% of cases will only show mild symptoms.
At the same time they - very probably - will become immune vs Covid.
It's much better to get infected if you're young and become immune, to be prepared when older than 65 or so.

Covid will remain in our populations, like other viruses.
There also is absolutely no reason to believe Covid will NOT spread again in a next wave in China, in other regios maybe.
China is far from Covid free!

The only target to help old or chronically ill cases is keep the infection curve as flat as possible to give healthcare systems a chance to handle the situation - not like the poor lads and lasses in Italy's hospitals right now. Breaks my heart.

To avoid infection, do this:
- 1-1.5 m distance to others if ever possible
- give a long smile instead of handshake or hug.
- no hands in your own face (and other's...)
- definetely wash your hands before you eat, also if you come home
- wearing specs in the public (like trains) helps against infection through the eyes! Better than contact lenses.
- help old family members to stay home
- avoid crowdy situations not so much to save youself but to help the overall infection curve stay as flat as possible.
Agree with every word. Great post.

We will have a vaccine in time as well of course, and doubtless people will have to take it like they do their flu jab.

Special measures in work today.

I have to enter the building via a 'cleansing area'. I have to wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap and hot water every time I enter the building. So essentially, I turn on the tap with dirty hands, wash my hands and then turn of the same now unclean tap that I touched before I washed my hands. Genius!!! Plus, our air conditioning just chucks out sh*tty recycled air in most of the offices, so if one gets it we all get it. Been in and out 4 times already today and my hands are now dry and itchy due to the cheap, sh*t soap.

But at least I won't get COVID-19, right?

Your numbers aren't scary. They are wrong.

A bit like your logic.

The numbers in China have been dropping dramatically, which is of course hugely to be welcomed: Because they took it bloody seriously and implemented draconian measures.

Logically therefore if we want the same outcome then that is what we should do. Not conclude we need to carry on as normal and hope it will go a away. That's what China did in the first place and look at the shit it got them into!

It's a fact of life that people die mate. I've lost both my parents to old age related illnesses. It's not a case of it's OK or not OK. If you looked at the effect of contracting any serious virus the age to death rate would look similar.

On average 17000 die each year in the UK from Flu, thats 46 a day.

Pneumonia kills 30,000 a year.

Think of the numbers worldwide?

Often these people are those with existing serious medical conditions and at the end of natural life but due to the nature of the viruses they contract, they become lethal.

Medical experts have consistently stated that the vast majority of those infected, symptoms will be mild and recovery quick with no lasting effects and i will live my life accordingly knowing that i might never get it, if i do i should recover in the same way i do every other virus i have ever had and if i dont then there is nothing i could do anyway, nor medical science and that sadly, i have been unlucky.

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow, most of the people attending are 60-80 years of age, i've got a bad chest & keep coughing, i could end up the biggest serial killer since Harold Shipman
On a related note, I don't know if you guys are aware but since our lock down decree, funerals here are banned.
I mean the ritual mass and gathering, not the burying itself of course. I didn't really pay any attention to it until my friend's grandma died for a stroke yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.