COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saddened by a few people I know who dismiss it, and casually say it's only killing old people like they're not important. Some of these people have kids I'm sure their attitude would be different if children were at risk.

Perfect response to your often, dull, attention seeking and if i may be so bold, trolling posts.
Not really,
I was just wondering whether you still stand by your attention seeking post from Sunday morning. In case you've forgotten...
The world has lost its collective fucking mind over a strain of the flu that has been shown to be nowhere near others in terms of its mortality rates yet here we are effectively locking the globe and life down over it?

Fucking ridiculous.

Not really,
I was just wondering whether you still stand by your attention seeking post from Sunday morning. In case you've forgotten...

I stand by medical advice that the vast majority of those unfortunate to get the virus, symptoms will be mild and a full recovery will be made.

Unless you can tell me they have not said that or if they have, they are wrong?

We are supposed to be flying out to Tivat on April 19th the plan was to have 5/6 days in Montenegro, same in Bosnia, then off to Split to fly back 7th of May.

I suspect we will not be allowed in by that time, we have another trip to Zadar end of May so if we do get over I am thinking bollocks to it cheap airbnb somewhere rural and stay there until we have to come back in June and give the flight back from Split in MAy a miss.
If your circumstances allow for it - I see a lot of sense in your thinking

I've been saddened by a few people I know who dismiss it, and casually say it's only killing old people like they're not important. Some of these people have kids I'm sure their attitude would be different if children were at risk.

That's a thing that's been really pissing me off. I've been told the same thing by people ranging from 20-60. Like it's okay for people who are old or with existing illnesses to die.

Can only use the known stats from known cases.

From a Dr Campbell video the other day.

20% wont even know they have it.
60% will range from very mild to bed ridden for a few weeks
15% will need some medical intervention
5% will need critical care and may die.

Yep, that's how it works.
At the end of a pandemic infection 60-70% of a population will be infected.
But: 80% of cases will only show mild symptoms.
At the same time they - very probably - will become immune vs Covid.
It's much better to get infected if you're young and become immune, to be prepared when older than 65 or so.

Covid will remain in our populations, like other viruses.
There also is absolutely no reason to believe Covid will NOT spread again in a next wave in China, in other regios maybe.
China is far from Covid free!

The only target to help old or chronically ill cases is keep the infection curve as flat as possible to give healthcare systems a chance to handle the situation - not like the poor lads and lasses in Italy's hospitals right now. Breaks my heart.

To avoid infection, do this:
- 1-1.5 m distance to others if ever possible
- give a long smile instead of handshake or hug.
- no hands in your own face (and other's...)
- definetely wash your hands before you eat, also if you come home
- wearing specs in the public (like trains) helps against infection through the eyes! Better than contact lenses.
- help old family members to stay home
- avoid crowdy situations not so much to save youself but to help the overall infection curve stay as flat as possible.

I stand by medical advice that the vast majority of those unfortunate to get the virus, symptoms will be mild and a full recovery will be made.

You have in the past cautioned me against responding to such obvious point-scoring/trolling - I offer you the same advice

Anyway - that's me out

That's not an answer to the question I asked or related to your earlier post but I agree with you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.