Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Playing all games behind closed doors but still upholding the 3pm broadcasting ban seems a bit daft, given that the reason it exists is to protect lower league attendances. The PL will just cram all their games into the earlier and later slots (or move them to Sundays) so they can be televised.
It does seem pointless. There again, if more and more games go the same way as City v Arsenal it will soon become academic.

I'm fairly certain that even with a huge lead a team cannot be awarded the title without the season being completed as it is possible that a club could be docked points for unregistered players and failure to fulfil fixtures etc. I know it's a real shitter for pool fans but sometimes the cookie crumbles to dust. The reality is that once people's family start getting ill, even the most ardent dipper won't give a toss about football.

I can see this shutdown continuing until August 2021, and quite how teams and players continue to function is anyone's guess. One thing is for certain however, and that is Shankly's saying of 'football being more important than life and death' will forever be proved to be utter nonsense.

Don't see how we can allow Madrid fans in to this country. Can see it being behind closed doors.

Even playing games behind closed doors is strange, it's not as if 2 teams, the managers and officials are the only people who turn up.
There will still be hundreds of people present, only sane thing would be to cancel every sporting event, surely?

The FA won’t allow the season to be closed, they want their beloved Diapers to end their 30 year drought.
Give it to them now and ban the open top bus parade wankathon etc etc.
This PANDEMIC is a global killer. We need to take action. Football is not everything.

the film script will be in production as we speak. The greatest team on earth overcome a killer virus to lift the title.

Games need to be postponed now till they get a hold of this situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.