Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just to give a heads up on sky.
I've just phoned sky to cancel sky sports.
I was told as I was in contract until October I would not be able to cancel and even if I did I was informed it would cost me £60.
I asked to speak to a manager and I then pointed out that I only signed up for Sky sports for football as I have no Interest in any other of their sporting offerings.
And without Premier league football Sky had actually broke their own terms of said contract.
The out come was they have cancelled my subscription to Sky sports until the Premier League resumes and they have done this free of charge.

Liverpool can veto on the proposal to void the season unless they get the title. I guess this will be their trump-card to save the season.

In other words, they won't accept any decision which does not involve awarding them the title.

Lmao is it actually happening?

Ewan MacKenna (@EwanMacKenna) Tweeted:

EachPleasedAntarcticgiantpetrel-size_restricted.gif

The problem is that apparently the PL don’t have any rules covering this situation. There’s absolutely nothing that says the season should be voided in these circumstances. So that option is just as likely to result in court action as any other.

Again, I'm not an expert here, but health and safety can close any venue where people gather, usually it's related to the safety of the venue itself, rather than whether it is safe for people to gather, but it can't be beyond the wit of man for existing legislation to be interpreted that way.

If the authorities got wind of a possible terrorist attack at a football stadium, the game would be cancelled to protect the safety of all attending, is it really too big a leap to see this virus threatening the safety of people attending such a match?

There's two strings to your bow off the top of my head.

the more you think about it the more I come to the conclusion that the league has to be null n void, you cant have a 3 or 4 month break in a league even than some clubs might only have players coming back and not 100% fit. All teams are going to be rusty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.