Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

So I'm expecting very little live football for the next 6 months.
I certainly don't see matches being played on April 3rd because by that time gatherings of >500 are likely to have been banned, due to number of deaths spiralling.
Apparently UK government now expecting 80% of population to be infected :-o .
My own team is in the National League North, and their match is going ahead according to the website. Normal home gate is around 2000 to 3000, but this weekend might be easily less than 500 if people realise the seriousness of the situation and stay away!

So I can finally get rid of my rip of Sky Sports Football (only) subscription!
It was costing £15/month (in HD) as an add-on for the football channels only.
Just last week they increased the £15 football part to £22 and added £6 for HD. Really wound me up (to say the least).
On their website new subscribers can get all Sky Sports channels in HD for only £20/month.
I only really watch ManC matches, but as I said I'm not expecting any of their matches to be televised for another 6 months :-(

bet you weren’t at City Home...

In the name of scrupulous fairness — although they don't really deserve it, not from us anyway — they're nearly a certainty to be champions. We're definitely not nearly a certainty to be F.A. Cup or CL winners.
However, the principle that I outlined above p.239 #2386 holds good.

They are two wins away from mathematically winning it. We are 3 wins away from winning the fa cup. Potato, potato.
and if we are being pedantic, one win (and a few draws) away from winning the champions league. Semantics, the lot of it.

Reactions: CC1
Nah varpool p.r machine for me,

Or both, as I see it, they have to manage the horde's disappointment and bitterness, they're letting them down gently imo and he's at the very least had to put himself center stage for it, he's probably the only person they'd take notice of, we keep calling them a cult, ergo, the head of the cult speaks, the horde will listen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.