COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All bars and clubs now also shut down in Qatar to go with just about everything else.

Pretty much in lock down as the experts are trying to prevent the community spread of the virus. Sounds a good idea to me personally.

That’s fair comment. I go to Bergamo a couple of times a year and I realise people going into self-isolation isn’t any easier than here. Maybe Agnelli can follow the Italian Government’s advice the next time he’s thinking of commenting about a Atalanta BC lol.

I agree that sometimes our Government needs to take a tougher line. Their ideology is about free market liberalism as well as being populist opportunists. Football
Isn’t so important at times like these.
Lol to be honest I along with other Juve fans don't always agree with our chairman's opinions, and his "superleague" idea is one of the things I wouldn't want to see happening. At least he usually expresses his views calmly and in this case his reasoning is a rational economic one more than a sporting one. I still think he's better than a lot of other chairmen obviously ;)

along with @SWP's back - who also doesn't seem to get it's a good idea to follow sound scientific advice rather than the herd instinct.
Ohh the fucking irony. By your logic, we should listen to the 3% of climate scientists that deny anthropological climate change rather than the 97% that know it’s taking place.

After all, they’re scientists and experts and not following the herd.

You really are that shortsighted that you believe whoever is saying what you want to believe.

Your loss though as you’re the one that’s likely to suffer the most, not me.

Some posters have assumed that “herd immunity” is the Government’s strategy when that is to delay the spread of the virus so that our health services can cope with it.
Tell me how doing very little is likely to delay the spread more than say, doing what every other country is doing in restricting gatherings and closing bars etc?

It’s not behind a paywall.

It is wrong in general to be releasing it via just one paper though. Very wrong. Ditto leaking things via Peston.

It’s not behind a paywall.

It is wrong in general to be releasing it via just one paper though. Very wrong. Ditto leaking things via Peston.
So it showed up on the telegraph before showing up on dept. of health official page? Yikes.

My son in law who works for NEXT as a drivers mate was sent home from work today they closed his depo down.
With them sending the workforcentre home atleast they get paid.
C.T.I.D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.