COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This report was compiled a few days ago, I don't know how long it would have taken them to get the data sorted and put into the model, but remember that as of a week ago there were only 21000 cases outside China.

The Netherlands and Sweden are both still following mitigation approaches. We'll see if they change now.

As I said there could have been legitimate reasons and we certainly didn’t have the data from our own cases to utilise. Equally there were people pointing out the dangers of modelling and ignoring what countries experiencing the crisis were doing. Anyway it’s a debate for later. We have more pressing issues.

Phoned the school to say my 2 kids won't be going in as I have copd and wasnt prepared to risk infection and they were perfectly fine and understanding, the woman said they have a authorised absence of 14 days isolation which takes them into the easter break by which time new information and guidelines will be in place. She said basically anyone who is worried and keeping their kids at home won't be fined and to be honest herself and the teachers don't want to be there.

Should simply close down the schools, no point in taking a risk

Yes, I am classifying where we are today as effectively being in lockdown. We may not be entirely there but the big material changes are in place now. Thank God.

Should've been weeks ago mate. I do think other countries have been slow to enforce it though as well - the figures for Spain and France are way higher than ours are now and they've only gone into lockdown these past few days.

No difference today in work, no one allowed to work from home unless a family member in the same house has an illness that puts them at risk.
No wipes, no hand gels, no fcuking soap in the toilets ffs.
Luckily i've got my own

1,100 and 4,900 includes school closures doesn’t it and it says that it remains in place (for two years?).

And still suggests up to 48,000 deaths (which, I grant, is considerably better than 250,000).
I said a week or so ago that I expected 100,000 (UK) deaths from this and was ridiculed by some. If we can keep it down to 48,000, that would be "marvellous" and I hope to God we can. I think we perhaps we can.

What is far from clear is just how the country will cope from the effect of all of the changes. We are a looking at 18 months now of changes to peoples ways of life not seen since WW2. This is going to have enormous knock on effects for all of us. I cannot even begin to imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.