Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think from a football point of view it might be time to start thinking that 2020 is a write off. Start the season again from where we are now in say January. Play one set of games a weekend with no midweek matches. Throw in the remaining FA Cup rounds and a couple of international breaks and that is 15/16 weeks. Enough to take us to the summer and Euro 2021.

Never has an organisation been more desperate to resume 'operations' than the PL are with this season's fixtures. They just don't want to 'award' the title to the Dippers, they will shift Heaven, Earth, and much of the Solar System to bring it to pass so they can add to their illustrious 'istree with a FIRST PL title EVER!
Will make them level with Blackburn and Leicester.

Local radio droning on this morning about "widespread support for the FA's decision" and then pre-recorded soundbites from Spit and some other red scouser called Warnock by way of justification. No chance of any balance via an alternative point of view - just pure unadulterated propaganda. Honestly, Joseph Goebbels couldn't do it any better than the red scousers.

I think from a football point of view it might be time to start thinking that 2020 is a write off. Start the season again from where we are now in say January. Play one set of games a weekend with no midweek matches. Throw in the remaining FA Cup rounds and a couple of international breaks and that is 15/16 weeks. Enough to take us to the summer and Euro 2021.
So no football till Jan ? just training ? Sounds ludicrous but I guess the timeline is out of our hands and we'll have to wait how this virus pans out.

Local radio droning on this morning about "widespread support for the FA's decision" and then pre-recorded soundbites from Spit and some other red scouser called Warnock by way of justification. No chance of any balance via an alternative point of view - just pure unadulterated propaganda. Honestly, Joseph Goebbels couldn't do it any better than the red scousers.
Alison Rudd, wearing easy run mascara and having just peeled an onion will be at the PMs briefing tonight to plead with Boris to allow Liverpool to win the PL by any means possible. Please please pretty please Mr Johnson......
And Boris will tell her to fuck off back to fashion writing and express wonder at how she ever managed to get a job as a financial journalist. And ask for serious important questions only.

So no football till Jan ? just training ? Sounds ludicrous but I guess the timeline is out of our hands and we'll have to wait how this virus pans out.

Well if we are genuinely in a position to start playing again earlier than this then restart the Champions League and Europa League games earlier. And for those teams not in European competition set up a one off domestic cup based on the Champions League style (group games first guaranteeing clubs at least 3 home matches). Normally crow barring in another competition would be a no no but could you imagine the crowds at these games meaningless or not!

If Liverpool fans could stop assuming that people only want the season to be cancelled to spite them, that would be nice. Even if I wasn't a blue i'd want the damn thing cancelled. I mean, Liverpool have old, disabled and immunocompromised fans as well and they wouldn't be able to have a victory parade, though people are dumb so loads of them would turn out anyway.

Never has an organisation been more desperate to resume 'operations' than the PL are with this season's fixtures. They just don't want to 'award' the title to the Dippers, they will shift Heaven, Earth, and much of the Solar System to bring it to pass so they can add to their illustrious 'istree with a FIRST PL title EVER!

100%. They really need to wake up, get their heads out of their arses and get with reality.
Personally, I can't see a professional football match being played in the UK for the next 10 months or more.
In the grand scheme of things, football is unimportant. If we were in the same position as the red dippers, well it's tough.

100%. They really need to wake up, get their heads out of their arses and get with reality.
Personally, I can't see a professional football match being played in the UK for the next 10 months or more.
In the grand scheme of things, football is unimportant. If we were in the same position as the red dippers, well it's tough.

Were we in the same position as fans of the CoachWreckersFC, first we wouldn't have wrecked their coach, and secondly, we might have said "Bloody Typical City! Yer wait thirty years for a title and a fuckin' virus comes along!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.