COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mums been on the phone in tears. My 77 year old mum with COPD and tons of health issues that this could kill her with, who lives on here own, with no good neighbours, and has falls, and in me and my sisters opinion has early dementia - she's meant to live alone and not see us for a year they're now saying.. I'd move in, i want to be with her, but i can't uproot my 3 year old from all he's known, plus we could bring it in with us each day over the next 12 months, plus i'm planning on self isolating for the next 12 weeks as i too have a weakended immune system - do i have to now stay in for a year? To get outside we have to walk along an open but thin long outside landing of flats passing right next to all the freaks who live in this block who aren't bothering to follow the distancing and isolation rules, so i don't feel i can even get any air. And my son, he's staying in for 12 weeks... he's already asking when the storm is over so he can go out. How can this be a year without me coming face to face with my mum, she will rot away, what little there is left of her will not be there when this is all over.
I'm in pieces. And my partner working from hom is making us kill each other, he's a shit. I just can't live.
Can't offer any advice mate, sadly. Can only wish you and your family my very best and hope you all come out the other side together. Stay safe.

My mums been on the phone in tears. My 77 year old mum with COPD and tons of health issues that this could kill her with, who lives on here own, with no good neighbours, and has falls, and in me and my sisters opinion has early dementia - she's meant to live alone and not see us for a year they're now saying.. I'd move in, i want to be with her, but i can't uproot my 3 year old from all he's known, plus we could bring it in with us each day over the next 12 months, plus i'm planning on self isolating for the next 12 weeks as i too have a weakended immune system - do i have to now stay in for a year? To get outside we have to walk along an open but thin long outside landing of flats passing right next to all the freaks who live in this block who aren't bothering to follow the distancing and isolation rules, so i don't feel i can even get any air. And my son, he's staying in for 12 weeks... he's already asking when the storm is over so he can go out. How can this be a year without me coming face to face with my mum, she will rot away, what little there is left of her will not be there when this is all over.
I'm in pieces. And my partner working from hom is making us kill each other, he's a shit. I just can't live.
See what next week brings. We're on the rapidly rising part of the curve. We will at some point cross the peak, and then things will look more hopeful. It's grim at the moment but we will get through it.

Best wishes to you and your Mum.

Longer this goes on. The more the youth won’t give a shit unless it kills on of their own.

Not disagreeing mate but it’s not just young people as Johnson and his merry men were making out yesterday. You’ve got blokes in their 50/60’s who’ve been going on the piss for years every night straight from work. They’re not stopping now and won’t until they shut the bloody pubs. It’s mind bending how they’re still allowing this to drag on.

Please do not take this as gospel.but I dont think you will be locked down for a year or anything like they are guilty of scaremongering. This is bad and it will certainly see us having to be more aware and careful until vaccines and treatments are available. Your mum wont be locked away for a year.

You can live and you will, we will get through this and you must for that 3yr old and your mum.

Where does it say in that itll be available around May? Doesn't say that anywhere in that article as far as I can see.
No it doesn't does it! I linked you up with the wrong article. Try this one https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/19/uk-drive-develop-coronavirus-vaccine-science Sorry.

I read one last night and they've uploaded another vaccine story since and I thought they were one and the same.

See penultimate para.

“If this looks good at protecting and we see no safety issues at all then, theoretically, after April, going into May or June, they could expand the number of people they are vaccinating and that could be into the thousands." It's got to go through a few hurdles first so it's not a done deal and they are talining thousands of doses when a lot more will be required. But I thought it was big news when I read it

American family. Mother and her 3 children all dead and others hospitalised after going for meal.

no doubt they ignored any warnings.

Whilst reading the first half of that I thought that this could be great material for a project I’ve given my lad on pathogens to do whilst school is closed but then realized it reads like a Stephen king novel and decided against it. Sobering article!

I found it fucking terrifying.

It has made me take a fresh look at how we are protecting ourselves against this virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.